Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 12:06 PM

I am really sorry to hear that the quality of food on the Sea has gone down. Although it's been a few years since I last sailed her, since she was moved to Australia, of all the Princess ships we've sailed on, she had the best food.

I love her size, the Sea, Sun and Dawn are so easy to get around. I do hope you give Princess another try, they have been such a great line to sail, at least in my opinion. I'm still looking forward to my being back on board in December. I'll definitely let you know how it goes.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:59 PM

Default Sea princess cruise -may 20-30, 2011
We recently completed a cruise on the Sea Princess. The cruise dates were May 20-May 30, 2011. A number of passengers were treated for the norovirus. Many announcements were made aboard the ship warning the passengers to wash their hands. I noticed that hot water was not readily available in the restrooms when I would wash my hands (unless I waited minutes). I thought I was home safe until May 30. Upon returning to San Francisco, I too became ill with the symptoms of the virus. Luckily, restrooms were available. I reported my symptoms to Princess Cruise Lines and received a letter of response from Princess. With the help of Gatorade and Imodium, the symptoms lasted only one day.

I wrote an e-mail to Princess as well as the CDC. I am convinced that Princess took my letter seriously. I am sure that the outbreak of the norovirus onboard was not the first occurrence of this problem. I would hope that in the future preventive measures are taken so that the same problem does not re-occur.

My wife and I did have a great time on the ship. Other than a few problems like unsatisfactory coffee and a few long lines while waiting to eat, the cruise was fine.

Tags
20, alaska, board, cruise, cruises, illness, noro, norovirus, outbreak, princess, reviews, sea, ship, time, virus