Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 06:48 AM

Sabatinis and the Crown Grill did not require jackets, however, my hubby wore his. Mainly because it was rather chilly. Actually it was downright cold, but to a normal person, it would be rather chilly
Old 12-29-2012, 11:43 AM

I know this is an older post but I couldn't help relaying that on a recent Grand P cruise someone wore his bathrobe to the DR to "test" the system & was warmly greeted. They hostess even took his picture. I'm still not sure if it was a casual or formal night.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Administrator

That passenger was totally disrespectful of both the cruise line and the other guests and the hostess ought to have been standing tall before the Hotel Manager. This reminds me of the cretins who appear at the breakfast buffet wearing robes and slippers as though they are in their home kitchen getting the Mr. Coffee fired up and putting bacon in the skillet. It is very poor conduct.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
That passenger was totally disrespectful of both the cruise line and the other guests and the hostess ought to have been standing tall before the Hotel Manager. This reminds me of the cretins who appear at the breakfast buffet wearing robes and slippers as though they are in their home kitchen getting the Mr. Coffee fired up and putting bacon in the skillet. It is very poor conduct.
People at the buffet wearing robes could have very well been in one of the pools or hot tubs and just taking a break for breakfast eating at a table outside. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes. What other choice could they have done? Change out of their bathing suits just to get something to eat?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Administrator

I guess you had to be there, because those I've seen were not coming or going to the pool.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:41 AM

Smile
I don't think its appropriate to show up at any of the restaurants dressed that way; even if they were at the pool. Get something at the pool side bar or food area or dress appropriately for the area. Thats just the way some of us were brought up.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-31-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter l View Post
I don't think its appropriate to show up at any of the restaurants dressed that way; even if they were at the pool. Get something at the pool side bar or food area or dress appropriately for the area. Thats just the way some of us were brought up.

Peterl
Quite honestly I see people dressed in bathing suits all the time at the buffet with just a shirt thrown on or a cover up to gain entrance, so whats so bad about a robe? It actually covers up more than a shirt if that's a concern. Not that I would wear one but I'm beginning to think it's just the thought of a person having underwear underneath or possibly nothing that's upsetting.
We were on a Princess cruise a while back when people were going to the DR with their bathing suits on for lunch and the only thing they made them do is leave their towels at the door so not have them be visible at the table.

Tags
alaska, cruise, cruises, dress, dresses, dressing, eto, formal, hav, meals, night, nights, people, princess, ship, speciality