Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2004, 07:05 PM

Hello folks!
Im brand spankin new to this site and boy am I glad I found this!
I desperately need input on my next cruise. I have been on one caribbean cruise previously with Carniaval (Destiny) and didnt care much for the "fun ship" atmosphere. I want to surprise my wife with a eastern carib. cruise for x-mas! I definitely want a balcony and a more "laid back" atmosphere. We are parents of triplets 2 years old and another one year old child. As you can see we really need to relax. We are not into the excursion/tour thing either. We both figure we paid so much for a cruise, we want to enjoy the ship and its offerings as much as possible.
So with this in mind.....Princess or Royal?
then....Golden Princess or Mariner of the seas?
then....Mariner of the seas or Jewel of the Seas or Serenade of the seas?
Please people I need your input! We need this vacation like we need our next breath of air!!!
Old 08-21-2004, 07:05 PM

Hello folks!
Im brand spankin new to this site and boy am I glad I found this!
I desperately need input on my next cruise. I have been on one caribbean cruise previously with Carniaval (Destiny) and didnt care much for the "fun ship" atmosphere. I want to surprise my wife with a eastern carib. cruise for x-mas! I definitely want a balcony and a more "laid back" atmosphere. We are parents of triplets 2 years old and another one year old child. As you can see we really need to relax. We are not into the excursion/tour thing either. We both figure we paid so much for a cruise, we want to enjoy the ship and its offerings as much as possible.
So with this in mind.....Princess or Royal?
then....Golden Princess or Mariner of the seas?
then....Mariner of the seas or Jewel of the Seas or Serenade of the seas?
Please people I need your input! We need this vacation like we need our next breath of air!!!
Old 08-21-2004, 07:26 PM

Gus, I responded to your other post. BTW, what is it like with triplets?

Tom
Old 08-22-2004, 08:28 PM

Tom,
Thanks for your advice! I responded to your question in the other chat area also.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:26 AM

Having sailed on both lines I would highly recommend Royal Caribbean. You can't go wrong with any of the ships you are considereing, but probably the best choice given your situation would be the Mariner. Hmm, I'm curious too - what is it like with triplets?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-24-2004, 05:23 PM

Nancy,
Thank you for the response! I am going to take RCL. I wanted to try Jewel of the seas but its sold out for 2-3 months of when I want to go! I am now considering Serenade vs. Mariner. It comes down to Itinerary. Like I mentioned before, my wife and I are not excursion or tour people, but instead like to "veg", "eat", and do some "shopping". We are total beach combers!
I wrote back to Tom about the triplets under the RCL chat group labeled "Help...". The triplets are more than a handful!

Closed Thread

Tags
mariner, princess, seas, star, vs