Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Banned

We just got upgraded from a interior room to a mini suite. LOL!!! Only in our dreams.

We booked a mini suite on the Diamond. The room we got is D421. The diagram shows 2 chaise lounges, a table and a chair on the balcony. Looking at a balcony room that we had on the Golden it shows the same exact layout for the balcony that is not true. There was only 2 chairs and a table. Not enough space for the lounges.

What is the balcony furniture for the mini suite on the dolphin deck, the layout of the room and the actual size of the balcony? From what I understand the balcony is also fully exposed.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Banned

We just got upgraded from a interior room to a mini suite. LOL!!! Only in our dreams.

We booked a mini suite on the Diamond. The room we got is D421. The diagram shows 2 chaise lounges, a table and a chair on the balcony. Looking at a balcony room that we had on the Golden it shows the same exact layout for the balcony that is not true. There was only 2 chairs and a table. Not enough space for the lounges.

What is the balcony furniture for the mini suite on the dolphin deck, the layout of the room and the actual size of the balcony? From what I understand the balcony is also fully exposed.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2004, 07:24 AM

Yes, the Dolphin balconies are fully exposed, meaning that there is no roof over them, but there are wind breaks on the sides. Just be sure to wear those robes on the balcony!

The minisuites themselves extend under the Caribe balcony, then the balcony of the Dolphin extends over the Promenade walkway,below. The suites are about 9' wide, so I'm guessing the balcony is 9' x at leat 9', which is plenty of room for chaise lounges. This evaluation is from the underside point of view, since I was on the Emerald deck, E403, but I am an excellent judge of dimensions (being an architect.)

FYI: the Emerald deck doesn't have balconies, but the rooms were ample in size even for the 3 of us. I just checked the floor plan and your location is excellent. You are right off the stairs in the center of the ship. That will make it really easy to just take the stairs down a couple of flights to get to the restaurants and to get on and off the ship. The restaurants are on Decks 5 & 6 (Dolphin is 9), disembarking is usually on 6 & 7, depending on the tides.

Enjoy yourself! The Diamond is an incredible ship.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Banned

Thanks Dyxiegirl

If you look at the deck plans and highlite a balcony or mini suite you will see a generic balcony layout showing chairs and chaise lounges. We had a balcony on the Golden. The room layout showed chaise lounges on the balcony which was not true.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:12 PM

Dyxiegirl, the Emerald deck has 8 oceanview balcony staterooms toward the front. We have just booked one. I was interested also in the size of the balcony and if it really would accomodate those chaise lounges.. I enjoyed reading your review...Thanks

Caribbean Hotel Reviews
Old 09-21-2004, 07:03 AM

Leta,
The balcony rooms on Emerald must be just before you get to the bow, because the very front of the bow has an observation deck that is a continuation of the Promenade Deck (Deck 7). In fact, you can look into the cabins off the observation deck. However, the stairs that go up to this deck are locked off except when we went into Tracy Arm to see the glaciers. And nobody was paying any attention to those cabins!

You should love the Emerald Deck. It is really well located in the ship to take the stairs to most places. And the front elevators go straight up to the spa areas. Directly below is the theatre on 6. We loved it there.

(IF you plan on doing any laundry or ironing, however, the laundry room is at the rear of the ship and is quite a hike from your room, especially near the front elevators! It really does feel like you are walking 3 blocks when you are lugging a load of laundry.

Have a great time. I know you will, no matter where your destination is.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:36 AM

Thanks, Dixygirl, my big concern with the BF category on Emerald was if there is an obstructed view. I really can't tell which level the lifeboats are on and I thought that might be a problem. We really enjoy the balcony and want to make the most of it. If we need to upgrade, we will......

Caribbean Hotel Reviews
Old 09-21-2004, 01:10 PM

Leta,
I just checked the Emerald floor plan of the Diamond. I only see balcony suites to the rear of the ship, not the bow. Which ship are you talking about?
I did find 4 balcony suites in the bow on the Baja deck in the BF catagory. They appeared to be the only BF's on the entire ship. If you are in one of these cabins, you should have a great location also, but you will have to rely more on the elevators than we did.
The plans of the decks are okay on Princess' website, but I found that Travelocity has better floor plans. When I was booking my cruise on the Diamond last January, the Princess website didn't even show the lifeboats. Check out the Travelocity website.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:25 PM

Thanks, we are on the Grand Princess sailing out of Galveston on January 29. Thanks for all your help.....

Caribbean Hotel Reviews
Old 09-21-2004, 02:36 PM

Leta,
I live maybe 60 miles from Galveston. I haven't sailed from there yet, but I know the town pretty well. Let me know if there is anything you need info on.
Just for starters, the weather down here is really mild. It gets to 35 about 3 days in the winter. The rest of December and January is drizzly to sunny and 50 degrees. But I usually start gardening on SuperBowl weekend, so expect possibly 60 degrees during the day. It's really not a bad time to be here.

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, chairs, cruise, deck, diamond, dolphin, emerald, furniture, kind, mini, minisuite, princess, ship, suite, usa