Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Default Princess Visa
Anybody have the Princess Rewards Visa card? Are you happy with it? Any problems to watch out for? I will not pay B of A $60.00 a year to use their debit card; but I can't easily change banks--we do all our banking and wire transfers online with them. So I'm thinking cash and credit card is the way to go--of course paying the whole balance each month. Any thoughts from my crusin' friends (other than why didn't I do this years ago)?
Old 10-30-2011, 04:27 AM

Rick, I finally got one after Countrywide went under a few years ago. They always gave double the $$ credit that Princess was offering but now Princess is as good as you can get. I don't know about the percentage rate they charge for unpaid balances since we never have one but they don't charge anything to have the card.
What is nice is when you charge your Princess cruise on it you get double points. We usually acquire at least $100 in cabin credit 4 times yearly. Some people do charge much more but we're not big spenders.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Thank you RichC, that's what I wanted to hear. The rate dosen't matter--like you, we carry no balances. As long as there are no snags in redeeming the points, like with some frequent flyer programs, I'm in. My wife and I talked about this when the card first came out; but having fought our way out of credit card debt twice over the years, we didn't want to put temptation in our wallets. But we're older and wiser and I think the time has come.

Thanks again, RichC.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:29 AM

I've got 3 old credit cards we very rarely use for anything but I keep them just because if I cancel them I heard that it brings down your credit score. Why I should care about my credit score I don't know since it's been 25 years since I last applied for any loan. I got my Princess CC about 1 1/2 years ago & basically use it for everything so we can accumulate points for cabin credit 4 times yearly.
I do like my old AT&T credit card for large purchases as they double the warranty period up to 1 year on anything which I used once or twice. I'm not sure what Princesses policy on that is.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:42 AM

I have one and have had no problems. I had an erroneous charge on mine once, they immediately took it off and offered me a different card number, which I accepted without hesitation. They alert me when payment is due via email, I can schedule my payment on-line, I've paid it off a few times and accumulated points. I do have a balance now, but it's not too large, so I'm ok with their interest raes. They're a whole lot better than Citi.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Thank you for the comments, Penny. That's the way we've set it up: e-mail notification and online payments. We're even going to pay bills with it and just pay it off each month. Sorry B of A: you changed your mind too late.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:32 PM

Post Princess Visa
We have been using our Princess Visa to build up points for a little over a year. There is no fee, and I just used our points for onboard credit for about $600. You have to do it at least 15 days in advance of your cruise but so far I have had no issues and, if you are sure that you are going to cruise, why wouldn't you do it? I was reminded that once I committed it to that cruise, I had to use it all or lose it.... no problem. I have an airlines card that has a fee and I will be canceling it at the end of this year... simply not worth it.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:19 AM

Just recently my insurance agent began to accept credit cards for payments which adds some nice points to my Princess account.

Tags
2011, back, bank, card, cards, cruise, cruises, debit, gey, login, number, phone, points, poinys, policy, princess, rewards, visa