Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 06:52 AM
Default cabin selection on the Emerald
All right cruise gurus, it's been a couple years since my last cruise and our first with an inside cabin. Experimenting to see if its worth the savings. (My parents are going and they have a mini suite, so we thought this would be the one to experiment on...we'll see). Looking at C237 on the Caribe deck and D312 on the Dolphin deck. The Dolphin cabin intrigues me a bit as there is nothing around that cabin (one other). Is there really "nothing" around it or is that a crew area in all that "empty" space? There were also a few available on the Plaza deck for a few bucks less, but not sure I liked anything THAT far down.

You guys/girls are ALWAYS helpful and your opinions are greatly appreciated.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:46 PM
KK - I can't comment on your specific cabin selection question, but I can respond to the "choosing an inside cabin" question. We almost always choose an inside cabin, mainly because of the cost factor. Spending less on the cabin lets us spend more on any/everything else. We also like the inside because we tend to wake with the sun, so we tend to sleep in a little later. We also tend to choose a cabin on a lower deck and in the aft area. I like to be somewhere close to the aft elevators - most passengers tend to forget about them so there's hardly ever a crush of people trying to use them. Whichever category you choose - remember to have a wonderful cruise . . . you're in the ocean - how bad can it be?

Susan
Old 10-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Keith, I think I would go with C237; I don't know what's in all the space around D312 but I know for sure it's not "nothing" (please excuse the double negative). And you're right: on Plaza Deck you're a long way from just about everything.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:28 AM
Cool
thanks for the input. Turns out we're really going to role the dice and go with the "unassigned" room. Should be interesting, but as Susan said: "you're in the ocean - how bad can it be?"
Old 11-04-2011, 09:37 AM

Hi Keith,
Doing an unassigned can turn out to be wonderful, but can also not be what you'd like. However, you did book a guaranteed catagory, right? I believe we were on the Caribe deck on the Emerald, but not an inside. I had an inside on the Caribbean and was on the Riviera, that was a great deck. However, like Susan said, you're on board and the Emerald is a fabulous ship!
Old 01-19-2012, 06:30 AM
Talking
Just an update on how well the "rolling of the dice" went: We booked an unassigned room at the cheapest rate, unappealing room location. We got "bumped up" to the Aloha deck in a room with a nice location. Also, the cruise rate went down $200.00 (which we got credit for). So far a VERY nice beginning to our cruise...and we haven't even left yet!!!! Can only go downhill from here....right??
Old 01-19-2012, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Sounds great! I booked a guarantee on Ruby Princess for next fall. I'll be happy anywhere.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:23 AM

I loved the Aloha deck. We had the Lido deck in December. That was a fabulous deck. But, I was on board, and that's the most important thing

Tags
c237, cabin, choose, cruise, emerald, front, reviews, shiop