Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Unhappy Pacific Princess in the News
The much beloved Pacific Princess,best remembered as"The Love Boat", built in 1971 and in service from 1975 to 2002 with Princess has been sold for dismantling!!! I'm sure Capt. Stubing (Gavin Macleod) and the surviving members of the Hollywood crew, like her fans, are much saddened to hear this news!!She did inspire many landlubbers to take their first cruise...and the rest is History!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 03-14-2012, 09:47 AM

I remember seeing her in San Juan. I was on board Royal Caribbean and I thought to myself, one day I'm going to sail on her. I never did get to sail on the "Love Boat", but every Princess cruise I've been on has made me feel like I was on the Love Boat. I am so sad that none of the cruise lines bought her to turn her into at least a hotel. She deserves so much more than the bottom of the ocean. I wonder how many thousands of people cruised because of her.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:39 PM
The Pacific Princess is a ship with 9 lives.....the latest news is that the Ships' Scrappers have defaulted on payment for her and she is once again up for sale to the highest bidder!!Now known only as the "Princess" there appears to be the posibility of a "save" for her!!! Her saga is not yet complete!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 06-18-2012, 12:09 PM

I'm praying someone will put her back in service. I saw some pictures of her where parts were restored and parts were pathetic. I'd love to see someone sail her again.

Tags
boat, cruise, day, dismantle, dismantled, dismantling, gavin, love, macleod, news, pacific, princess, reviews, sail, ship, therealloveboatdismantled, tour