Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Penny,
How in the world are you !! We are excited too! It is a very busy itinerary, I will love sea days to just kick back. Thank you for telling me about what you like too, it helps. We like the set dining and we normally get a table for 2 but we are going all out with a table for 8 !! I always read how much you love Princess and I think it was time for us to try it!
The Pool in the very back that I think Rick (f-Mattox) called it the Terrace Pool looks AWESOME !! I wish you were coming too :OD REALLY, REALLY I do !! Missed chatting with you too.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 04-13-2012, 09:03 AM

I've been on here, but work has just been crazy. I rarely have time on the weekends to do anything but work at the house. I'm doing ok, just busy as a cat on a hot tin roof. I'm trying to get some friends to go on a cruise with us, but they seem to be having a lot of health problems this year. I'm hoping they can go, but certainly understand not having any money. Even with insurance, co-pays wipe you out in no time. Right now, the only thing I have scheduled is a short 5 day, but something is better than nothing.

We're going to try to go to the Formula 1 race in Texas this year. My hubby's oldest son and daughter-in-law with their 5 children live near Austin, so it would be a dual purpose trip. We can see them, but enjoy the race, too. If that comes to fruition, I might have to wait until next year for a real cruise

I'm so excited for you, though!
Old 04-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Penny,
Thank you, you are always so helpful. I wish you well and we will keep in touch :OD
Enjoy your family and I love Austin too!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 05-12-2012, 09:53 PM

Default Princess cruises Ruby
Princess cruises are Carnival owned..The Walmart of cruislines"
Celebrity is much better
Old 05-13-2012, 06:17 AM
This will be very interesting because I am fortunate enough to be going right back out to the Med on Celebrity Silhouette 4 weeks later. I know exactly what to expect with Celebrity but this is my first on Princess and I do hear lots of wonderful things about Princess. I always head out with an open mind. The ship looks beautiful. Carnival also owns Cunard, Holland. Seaborn and Costa. I hear wonderful things about Seaborn, Cunard and Holland too. Reviews on the difference IMHO will be coming :OD

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 05-13-2012, 07:52 AM
Administrator

No worries, janfred. Carnival Corporation does an excellent job of differentiating the cruise lines in its fleet. I've been on Carnival, Cunard, Princess (post-acquisition) and HAL, and there is no mistaking one for another. And, actually, Carnival isn't so bad. I have a good feeling that you'll enjoy Princess, especially as itinerary is a major factor.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:33 AM

Yes, there should be a big distinction between Carnival Corporation and Plc. the parent company of Carnival Cruise lines. Too many people want to say Carnival Cruise Lines owns Princess. They don't! It's Carnival Corporation and Plc. which also owns Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess, Costa, Seabourn, Cunard, and Holland America, who at one time even owned Windstar. Each of these cruise lines has their own market from contemporary to luxury. Even within the same cruise line you can have different experiences on different ships. You can't judge a cruise line by one cruise on one ship.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:22 PM
--I totally agree. I did a short cruise to no where here in Norfolk just to see what Carnival is all about and I will say the food, crew and entertainment was wonderful. Maybe a little more of a younger crowd but I also think that if it were in Europe it would have been a totally different experience and crowd. I did have a great time but tend to like a more traditional, quiet and elegant cruise but that is my taste and we have so many choices for everyone really. I would love to try Seaborn but for me I think I could do 2 cruises to 1 on Seaborn if you know what I mean. Seaborn looks so wonderful! They do an excellent job of differentiating the cruise lines as Lisa states, most people don't even know who owns who :OD Don't you all just love to Cruise and all the fantastic choices ! YEAH...
Jan

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Last edited by janfred; 05-13-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:46 AM

I think you'll find what you like on Princess. In my opinion, it's elegance without being stuffy. I can't wait to read your honest opinions. I certainly hope you enjoy Princess as much as I do.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Penny,
I know we will find Princess to be wonderful. The ship looks amazing! It is getting so close to stepping on board ....just can't wait !!!

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Tags
2012, comments, crown, cruise, cruises, eat, excursion, grill, long, mediterian, mediterranean, princess, review, reviews, ruby, sabatinis, sabbatinis, ships