Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/)
-   -   Royal Princess Top Deck Features Announced (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/38468-royal-princess-top-deck-features-announced.html)

Dave 09-27-2012 03:34 PM

Royal Princess Top Deck Features Announced

More news was released today about the 'new' Royal Princess. Press Release

peter l 10-02-2012 04:59 AM

We have cruised on RCI, Celebrity, and Princess andfeel that Princess does the best job of providing a space for its customers to be outside of the ship enjoying many evenings of additional entertainment for cruisers of all ages.

Peterl

penny3333 10-02-2012 12:19 PM

The light show should be spectacular. Can't wait to sail her!

f-mattox 10-02-2012 03:43 PM

I was skeptical at first but the more I see the more I like :)

J and S 12-23-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter l (Post 295239)
We have cruised on RCI, Celebrity, and Princess andfeel that Princess does the best job of providing a space for its customers to be outside of the ship enjoying many evenings of additional entertainment for cruisers of all ages.

Peterl

Looking at Royal Princess next year in Caribbean is it not possible to do a 14 day cruise on her, not even back to back?

Dave 12-23-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J and S (Post 295968)
Looking at Royal Princess next year in Caribbean is it not possible to do a 14 day cruise on her, not even back to back?

Once in Ft. Lauderdale the Royal Princess does eastern Caribbean itineraries, but there is no reason you couldn't do back-to-back. You could do the 5-night maiden Caribbean voyage and stay for the first 7-nighter. Just an idea.

J and S 12-23-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 295969)
Once in Ft. Lauderdale the Royal Princess does eastern Caribbean itineraries, but there is no reason you couldn't do back-to-back. You could do the 5-night maiden Caribbean voyage and stay for the first 7-nighter. Just an idea.

Hi Dave, doing a back to back would be 2 identical 7 night cruises wouldn't it as in Eastern then back to fll and then back to eastern again??

Would the only way of getting different ports be to do the maiden the a 7 making it a twelve night with different ports

Dave 12-23-2012 01:43 PM

Right. The ship will only be doing eastern runs after the special 5-night 'maiden' cruise, so if you want something at least a little different I'd go 5-night and then the initial 7-night.

wooddon 12-23-2012 09:09 PM

We will not be able to go on this ship as we will only sail on cruise that is 10 days or longer. We will never go a 7 day cruise anymore as its not long enough. We also can't do a back to back as its go to the same ports every time. This is a bit stupid planning as lots of people want longer cruises. Thanks.

J and S 12-23-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wooddon (Post 295978)
We will not be able to go on this ship as we will only sail on cruise that is 10 days or longer. We will never go a 7 day cruise anymore as its not long enough. We also can't do a back to back as its go to the same ports every time. This is a bit stupid planning as lots of people want longer cruises. Thanks.

Hi Wooddon, you could do the maiden 5 days then stay on for 7 which would make it 12 as Dave suggested earlier?

Think the reason there only doing 7 is to recoup as much money as possible with it being a new ship as a 7 from UK will be around 1,200 which is quite expensive for 7 days considering you could get a 14 days on other cruise lines for that price, I understand why they are doing it though.