Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2004, 12:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thomas stanton:
To me it doesn't matter if the ship lost 2 blades, 2 props or 1n prop. It was all about how the passengers were treated.Or I geuss you could say untreated.

Hi Tom,

I'm sure nobody disagrees with you in that respect.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 06-02-2004, 08:52 PM

Thomas: When you say you would never book again on RC are you speaking of Royal Caribbean? The experience we are speaking of was on the Diamond Princess. Please don't tell me that all the major cruise lines are alike.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:01 PM

Lil
I mis printed when I said R.C. I ment to write Princess. I have been on R.C. AND JUST CAME BACK FROM THE Celebrity Century, which is owned by Royal Carribean. That was a wonderful cruise, and I definately will cruise Celebrity again. I will not however even consider Princess after these people were treated the way they were. Sorry about my earlier mis print.
Tom
Old 06-04-2004, 10:19 PM

Just heard from our travel agent with copies of letter to Princess re May 15 Alaska cruise on the Diamond. Princess is refusing to pay for our meals while we were held over in Seattle to catch a plane the next day after missing ours because of the pier crashing (they called it a technical problem). They said they will compensate for the airline charge for rescheduling the flight. We are not happy with this cruise line.
Old 06-05-2004, 08:01 PM

We were on the May 22nd cruise to Alaska. Not only was the long wait at the Seattle Center horrible but to top everything they lost one of my pieces of luggage. The customer service staff kept telling us to wait, it may show up. I spent most of our stop in Skagway replacing all my personal items. I just received it by mail from Holland America. Figure that one out. I agree that the staff was not the friendliest.The only concerned person was our stateroom steward. I thought it was sneaky to offer a non-refundable credit to everyones account one day and then after many spent it on ship, it became refundable. I went back and read the contract and it basically says that the cruise line can shorten the cruise and eliminate ports if they want, with no liability. I'm amazed that this company can treat customers this way and get away with it. We were very disappointed with this cruise,
Old 06-06-2004, 03:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BLE:
I went back and read the contract and it basically says that the cruise line can shorten the cruise and eliminate ports if they want, with no liability. I'm amazed that this company can treat customers this way and get away with it. We were very disappointed with this cruise,

Hi BLE,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

Virtually all cruise lines have passenger contracts like that. Hence, they are usually giving passengers more than they have to by the contracts. Of course this won't necessarily cover the hassle and disappointment involved in the event of something unusual happening.

It has happened (usually with smaller operators) that people ended up on a different ship or sailing to a completely different destination (e.g. to Canada instead of Bermuda due to a Hurricane).

However, these occurrences are fortunately very rare. It has happened to me, as well, however.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 06-06-2004, 10:44 PM

I am interested in your non-refundable credit. We didn't receive said credit. We did miss our plane ride home on the 22nd and we did have two unplanned meals at the hotel we were put up in that are not being reimbursed. We, too, were very disappointed with the service (excepting stateroom steward) and we didn't think the food was that great. It seemed that there was alot of surcharging; ice cream, gratuities, water, etc.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:48 PM

We just received word back from Princess through our travel agent that there was no compensation for missed iteniary, meals at the hotel you were put up at, tips for luggage porters, carts, etc. This is not the way to treat their passengers (customers).
Old 06-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Banned

I would like to say to every one. Please tell everyone you know about this ordeal on the Diamond Princess, if there were a boycot of this cruise line it wouldn't take long and they would learn how to treat thier guests. It looks to me as the whole operation needs a lesson in customer relations.I feel bad for all the passengers involved but now we can all help out by passing the word. I will never consider this cruise line after reading about this unfortunate experience.Lets all stick together and pass the word!!!!!!!!!
Tom
Old 06-07-2004, 11:04 PM

I'm with you. What is the best way to get the word out?

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, australia, captain, cruise, customs, diamond, mishap, nash, nick, princess, propellers, recent, reviews, sapphire, victoria