Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2004, 04:20 AM
Banned

I believe the best way to get something done about this is to tell every one you know that cruises about what happened.Also get in touch with any travel agents that you know or use past or present, and get on any web site that has a cruise review,just pass the word and maybe it will do some good. It will not help the passengers that already have had thier vacations ruined,but it might make them feel better and also prevent this cruise line from treating other people in this manner.I still can not believe the way these passengers were treated. Good luck and pass the word!
Tom
Old 06-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Banned

Lil
I am a little curious as to why there are no reviews written in the cruise reviews section on this horrible cruise, a lot of people use cruise reviews as a tool to select a ship or cruise line. I certainly think that yourself and others, as many as possible shuold write reviews concering this unfortunate group of people that stuck on this ship and cruise line. Let as many people know as you can this is what these forums are for.
Tom
Old 06-08-2004, 11:58 AM
Banned

Lil
I am more than a little curious as to why there are no reviews of this horrible cruise in the cruise reviews. I think that all of you that were involved with this fiasco should write a review. A large number of people use cruise reviews to get info on thier next cruise or on the cruise line itself. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and take the time to write a review. You will feel better leting off some steam and also might save some one else from a ruined vacation. If PRINCESS treated you people this way on this ship it must be company policy.This company needs to pay the ultimate price, LOST REVENUE THAT THEY WILL UNDERSTAND!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 10:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Diamond Lil:
I am interested in your non-refundable credit. We didn't receive said credit. We did miss our plane ride home on the 22nd and we did have two unplanned meals at the hotel we were put up in that are not being reimbursed. We, too, were very disappointed with the service (excepting stateroom steward) and we didn't think the food was that great. It seemed that there was alot of surcharging; ice cream, gratuities, water, etc.

As I remember, the day the gave us notification that the cruise would be shortened and the ports we were not going to visit they also informed us that there would be a $250 credit applied to each account per cabin, and that it would not be refundable. Then the next day we received another notice telling us that it would be refundable at the end of the cruise if it was not used during the trip on board. We checked our accounts and it was applied toward our charges. The food was cold. I was not impressed.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thomas stanton:
I believe the best way to get something done about this is to tell every one you know that cruises about what happened.Also get in touch with any travel agents that you know or use past or present, and get on any web site that has a cruise review,just pass the word and maybe it will do some good. It will not help the passengers that already have had thier vacations ruined,but it might make them feel better and also prevent this cruise line from treating other people in this manner.I still can not believe the way these passengers were treated. Good luck and pass the word!
Tom

I have also sent a letter to the President of the cruise line thru the corporate headquarters in Santa Clarita, Cal. Don't know if it will make a difference but sometimes the people at the top have no idea was going on at the bottom.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:33 PM

I will do that, Tom. Thank you for your input.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:41 PM

Tom: Anyone that is contemplating sailing on the Princess line should investigate the sailings on the Diamond Princess to Alaska the weeks of May 15 and May 22. Both of these cruises were not only disappointing to the passengers but costly as well. Being held over an extra day without compensation is unacceptable customer service. We had 3 members of our party very sick with a gastrointestinal bug and I understand there were alot of people on your cruise sick as well.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:48 PM

Send me the address and I will write their corporate office as well. I think if everyone did this it would make an impact.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:01 AM

You write the review and I will publish it.

Tom
Old 06-09-2004, 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Diamond Lil:
Send me the address and I will write their corporate office as well. I think if everyone did this it would make an impact.

the address is Princess Cruises, P.O. Box 947, Santa Clarita, CA 91380-9047

BLE

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, australia, captain, cruise, customs, diamond, mishap, nash, nick, princess, propellers, recent, reviews, sapphire, victoria