Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Give me Sea Days, unless it's in Alaska....My favorite cruise.....A bad day of cruising is still much better than a Good day of shoveling snow......come to think of it, there isn't such a thing as a "Good" day of shoveling....

Happy Cruising to use all...

Bob E
Old 03-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
come to think of it, there isn't such a thing as a "Good" day of shoveling....
. . . . .or a bad day of cruising!
Old 03-04-2010, 02:49 PM

For the first time we purchased a "guaranteed room". It's a little nerve wracking, not knowing where our cabin will be. The final payment is due Monday and we haven't heard yet.

I called our agent at Princess and she said they haven't been assigned yet, so I guess we wait!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:51 PM
That would be a little nerve-wracking; but on the other hand, you know the minimum catagory you will get so anything above that will be a gift!

And as we both know, there are NO bad cabins on Princess ships. Seriously, I have had cabins every place people have warned about: over the showrooms, under the pools, up high, down low, all the way forward, all the way aft, and would take any of them again!

You didn't mention which type of cabin you took the guarantee in, but I'll be anxious to hear what you get.

Rick
Old 03-04-2010, 04:03 PM
We've booked a guarantee inside for the cruise, and were assigned a room. But last week it disappeared and a new room has been assigned. But with 2 months still to go, we may get moved again (bumped over to an oceanview would be nice!)

Need some cruise help?
Old 03-04-2010, 05:33 PM

Rick, we booked a class BB balcony cabin. It looks from the deck plans like the Emerald Deck would be obstructed by lifeboats, but I'm not positive on that. We didn't really want to be on Deck 12 because it is under the pools and public areas. On one of our cruises, we were on a similar deck and could hear the joggers and music above us. It's good to know that you haven't run into this with Princess. Thanks for the info.

Nadine
Old 03-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Nadine, you are correct: most of the cabins on Emerald Deck have obstructed views; but they are oceanview cabins, not balcony cabins. The only two BB balcony cabins on Emerald Deck are all the way aft, facing aft and are quite desireable.

We have been on Aloha Deck (deck 12) in a catagory BC and had no problem with noise at all. Golden Princess' jogging track and shufflboard are up on Sports Deck (deck 16).

Actually, the best BB cabins (other than the ones facing aft) are on Caribe Deck (deck 10); they are identical to the others except that the balconies are much larger. I would hope that you get a BB on Caribe Deck. But then, they are all good cabins.

Rick
Old 03-05-2010, 05:02 PM

Thanks, Rick, for all of that info. It's very helpful and encouraging!

Nadine
Old 03-05-2010, 05:10 PM

We just booked the plane tickets. Over $800 for two of us from Illinois to Seattle! Yikes, that adds to the total cruise price by a big chunk.

Sad part is, if we had booked last week when we were price checking it would have been $100 cheaper. Didn't pay to "think about it"!

Nadine
Old 03-20-2010, 04:07 PM

Hi Nadine, I was looking for info on Alaska and came across your post. I just made final payment a couple weeks ago and see we are on the same cruise. I am a total cruisin' newbie (one cruise on Disney in the 90s) and looking forward to this so much. Just wanted to say hi from saint louie.... I am going to Seattle a day early to see it too! Let the countdown begin!

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, cruise, days, maximum, sea