Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 06:35 PM

Default Anytime Dining Golden Princess
Hi everyone.

Just a couple questions about the anytime dining option on the Golden Princess, as I'm thinking about switching to this one. I currently have the late seating. Anyway, is the menu the same as with the reserved, or scheduled seatings? Also, I know we eat with different people each night, and have different waiters, but on average, how long can I expect to wait at the entrance before I get seated? I know it's probably like a normal restaurant on a busy night, but I am only one person, so I would expect I may get seated more quickly than those with large parties.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 04-07-2013, 07:36 PM
The menus for the Traditional and Anytime dining rooms are identical. The wait time can vary. If you walk up and are willing to share a table you can usually walk right in--even at peak times. If however you go with a group or want a particular waiter of table you can wait up to half-an-hour or more. But they will give you a pager and you can go enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail while waiting.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:00 PM

Thanks f-mattox. I don't mind sharing, as I am usually doing that anyway at the Traditional seating. I know one of the differences is that I'd most likely be dining with different people every night, which I'm fine with.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:49 PM
And if you should find a group that you really enjoy you can reserve a table for the group each night.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:17 PM

Another good point, f-mattox. I ended up switching, and will probably go on the later side most nights, with the exception of the night we're in Victoria. That night I may go early, or just get room service. I ended up booking a sightseeing tour for that stop.

I mentioned this in another post, but it's a shame the timing isn't all that great for that stop, although I do realize they do have to make it to settle the Passenger Services Act.

Tags
anytime, change, cruise, cruises, diamond, dining, food, golde, golden, menus, princess, princesshow, review, reviews, seating