Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 02:42 AM

Default Ruby Princess Caribbean Cruise 24th Jan 2015
Going back on Princess for the second time (1st Sea Princess) on Ruby around the caribbean in January 2015.

We have a choice of Caribe midship or Aloha midship, anyone any suggestions as to which is the best out of the two. We are going with family and this is their first cruise and they are a little worried about people looking down on them on Caribe, does this happen?

We tend to think Caribe is the best option and is much bigger balcony but how much bigger is it?

Finally is Ruby due for drydock between now and January 2015?

The Village Inn & Spa (formerly Rainbow Hotel): St. Lucia Hotel
Old 07-31-2013, 07:42 AM
Administrator

I think the Caribe is the better choice of the two. Those balconies are not only larger but about half of it is covered and thus good for privacy and also getting some shade. The cake-tier design of those balconies is perhaps the biggest complaint from passengers. Some are worse than others as far as having people looking down at you.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:21 AM

We couldn't care less about people looking down on us- With all the extra balcony space it's worth it + if it's raining you have an area to duck into somewhat.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:59 PM
Dave is right: the Caribe deck balconies are not only 50% larger but also partially covered. But like RichC I could care less about people looking down. The mini-suites on Dolphin deck are the most exposed and I've had them numerous times but never had a problem with anyone looking. Sure people above may glance down occasionally but they have always been very respectful of our privacy.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:43 AM

Just booked the cruise on Caribe midship so very happy and counting down.

Surprised how little videos and pictures there are on YouTube about Ruby balcony etc, maybe ill get lots and upload, if anyone would like pictures of anything on Ruby for reference in future let me know as stuff like that would have assisted me when researching.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J and S View Post
Just booked the cruise on Caribe midship so very happy and counting down.

Surprised how little videos and pictures there are on YouTube about Ruby balcony etc, maybe ill get lots and upload, if anyone would like pictures of anything on Ruby for reference in future let me know as stuff like that would have assisted me when researching.
You won't regret booking a Caribe balcony. The extra room is to your advantage and worth a few more dollars. Lately we're sticking to OB cabins but if we decide to go back to a balcony some day it'll be a Caribe cabin for sure.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
You won't regret booking a Caribe balcony. The extra room is to your advantage and worth a few more dollars. Lately we're sticking to OB cabins but if we decide to go back to a balcony some day it'll be a Caribe cabin for sure.
We have booked midship as well so really looking forward to it, last year we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam on a balcony (last one at the back V7135) and in 2009 on Sea Princess we were in an inside so should be much better.

Surprised how much room there seems to be on them.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:37 AM

Is there a problem with cruise tickers and if so how do I fix it to show my past cruises?

Old 08-18-2013, 12:15 PM

Why is the roll call for Caribbean adventurer on Ruby sailing Saturday 24/01/2015 saying it sails Sunday 25/01/2015, surely Princess know it sails Saturday and not Sunday why would they get the date wrong?

Old 08-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Administrator

You have to list past cruises in your signature in the User CP. The cruiseticker website no longer is active. What roll call are you referring to?

Tags
2011, 2013, 2015, 50, aloha, caribbean, cruises, dock, dry, january, orincess, princess, review, ruby, ruy