Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 01:49 PM

Default Royal Princess and the Love Boat Horn!
check at the 20th second to listen to the marvellous horn

ROYAL PRINCESS - YouTube
Old 08-20-2013, 06:50 AM

Thumbs down
Sort of cheesy, almost like the flowers painted on NCL ships.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:32 PM
Yes, cheesy is the word; and very ill-timed considering all the press on the scrapping of the original "Love Boat."
Old 08-21-2013, 04:11 AM

It's almost like they're trying to come up with something to entice newcomers to sail the Princess line. i.e. FlowRider, water slide, Ice Skating but for the older crowd.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:46 AM

I didn't really think one way or the other about it. I guess Princess Cruise Lines will always be referred to and known as the "Love Boat" (as long as they keep that theme alive for us old timers. Young people probably haven't a clue). It just reminded me of the Disney ships playing "When you wish upon a star" They're just trying to do something unique and different.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Fanatic View Post
It just reminded me of the Disney ships playing "When you wish upon a star" They're just trying to do something unique and different.
I've never heard that one but then again it's typical of Disney to do something like that. There are some things that just don't seem to fit on a cruise ship.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:52 PM
RichC....It is the "WOW" factor.....Cruiselines seem to be trying anything that might attract whole new generations of cruisers!!! There is no limit to the ideas floating around between the Designers, the Engineers, The Shipyards, the Cruiselines!! Todays new cruisers are looking for newer and different activities from previous generations!! Cruises were once tremendous sources of relaxation and phenomenal ways to distress!!! The larger and newer ships emphasize activity and seem less personal!! Nowadays the ships libraries,reading rooms and card/game rooms are used far less than in the past!! Uniqueness is becoming the new drawing card!!! Welcome to cruising in the 21st Century!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 08-21-2013, 05:41 PM
Every time I read about the next biggest ship coming out I am always thinking "I must be getting old" ! Most of the time I don't want a floating Las Vegas. I really do love the smaller more intimate ships. I guess I am always afraid that they don't become a thing of the past ! :O(

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Tags
boat, horn, love, princess, royal, ship