Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 05:28 AM
Default Drink offer
I heard there is a one time cost for pop and liquor. Could you tell me how much it is and what kind of liquor it covers? Thank you
Old 01-23-2014, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Princess is testing a drink package on two ships, and if it works they will roll it out fleetwide sometime this spring.

The package is $49 per day ($56 when you add the mandatory 15% gratuity per person) and it includes all cocktails, spirits, beer and glasses of wine that cost less than $10. It also includes nonalcoholic beverages by the can or bottle, specialty coffees, teas, and items such as crepes and gelato. The package also includes a 40 discount on all bottled wine less than $100.

All passengers traveling in the same stateroom must purchase the package, and any children over 6 years old traveling with adults who purchase the package must also purchase the soda package, which costs $8 per day.

The test run is currently on the Star and Sapphire.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:05 AM
Thanks Dave. We are on the Crown leaving Saturday. Cannot wait to get out of this MN winter vortex and looking forward to being warm again.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:48 AM
Administrator

I am sort of feeling your winter vortex pain way down here in Alabama. Supposed to get down to 5 degrees tonight. That's not just cold for the south, that's what we call "dang cold"!
Old 01-24-2014, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
All passengers traveling in the same stateroom must purchase the package, and any children over 6 years old traveling with adults who purchase the package must also purchase the soda package, which costs $8 per day.

I'm surprised that Princess hasn't made every one in the same cabin purchase a soda package.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:19 AM
Administrator

Royal Caribbean recently dropped the requirement for all adults in a cabin to buy a booze package or nobody could get one. Of course not all ships were following the new rule. On Serenade 3 weeks ago they were still telling people the old requirement - probably not by accident because when I challenged them on it, the bar manager admitted to me she knew of the policy change but 'had not rolled it out to the staff yet'.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Royal Caribbean recently dropped the requirement for all adults in a cabin to buy a booze package or nobody could get one. Of course not all ships were following the new rule. On Serenade 3 weeks ago they were still telling people the old requirement - probably not by accident because when I challenged them on it, the bar manager admitted to me she knew of the policy change but 'had not rolled it out to the staff yet'.
So did she let you just by one?
Old 01-24-2014, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
So did she let you just by one?
Yes, but I'll bet I was the only one unless others knew of the rule change and complained too. I normally don't get something like that but was curious and I think I got my value from it. I actually went through two layers of management before someone relented and said I was right. I was not going to surrender and was willing to go all the way up the chain if needed, and had already pulled up the current info on my iPhone as proof I was right.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Yes, but I'll bet I was the only one unless others knew of the rule change and complained too. I normally don't get something like that but was curious and I think I got my value from it. I actually went through two layers of management before someone relented and said I was right. I was not going to surrender and was willing to go all the way up the chain if needed, and had already pulled up the current info on my iPhone as proof I was right.
It should be this way, not everyone in the cabins are drinkers.

They might end up getting more people to buy it without the requirement for all adults in a cabin to buy a booze package.

You said "I think I got my value from it" was this just by normal drinking or did you have to have an extra drink to make it pay.

About how many mid range drinks per day to break even.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-25-2014, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Princess is testing a drink package on two ships, and if it works they will roll it out fleetwide sometime this spring.

The package is $49 per day ($56 when you add the mandatory 15% gratuity per person) and it includes all cocktails, spirits, beer and glasses of wine that cost less than $10. It also includes nonalcoholic beverages by the can or bottle, specialty coffees, teas, and items such as crepes and gelato. The package also includes a 40 discount on all bottled wine less than $100.

The test run is currently on the Star and Sapphire.
Two adults and 2 kids over 6, like we travel that would add $114 per day x 7 days = $798 + the mandatory 15% gratuity.

I think they are going to have problems selling this program.

I know I can't drink enough to pay my share.

The soda package at $8 per day would be like 5-6 pops a day to come out a head, some kids would be bouncing of the walls with that much soda a day.

Read and post cruise reviews

Tags
2014, america, holland, liquor