Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 09:21 PM

I am considering a holiday cruise to the Islands this December. Can anyone tell me what the Pacific is like at that time of year. I am also interested in knowing about the Golden Princess.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:21 PM

I am considering a holiday cruise to the Islands this December. Can anyone tell me what the Pacific is like at that time of year. I am also interested in knowing about the Golden Princess.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:07 AM

I cannot exactly answer your questions about the Pacific in December. However, we did the Regal Princess in August of 2006, and it was a wonderful trip. The first day or two out, and the last few days back can be a bit rough. I think this is a risk on any cruise fromt he West Coast to and from hawaii. We had only one rough day, and it was not that bad at all. We thought the cruise itself was wonderful. I have been on the Golden before its drydock on another itinerary, and it was a very nice ship now, and I am sure it is fabulous after the drydock.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:29 PM
We went to Hawaii on Island Princess in April of 2007. The first two days were a bit rough but not enough to really bother anybody. The rest of the trip was very smooth. I monitored the Hawaii sailings for a year-and-a-half before our cruise: my conclusion was you can have smooth seas or rough seas any time of the year. But the great majority of crossings were on smooth seas.

My wife was on Golden Princess before the refurbishment and loved it. A good friend was on her right after drydock and REALLY loved it--said it was like a new ship!

We are going to Hawaii on Golden Princess in October, '10.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:30 PM

We cruised to Hawaii in the middle of Oct 2007 and the first night and the next day was a little rough but after that it was smooth sailing. Can't help about the ship but do want to sail on a Princess ship sometime.
CCL Elation 2005
CCL Pride 2006
RCCI Splendor 2006
RCCI Serenade Hawaii 2007
RCCI Serenade Alaska 2008
CCL Ecstasy 2008
RCCI AOS 2009
RCCI Voyager 2009
CCL Conquest 2010
CCL Ecstasy 2010
Old 06-22-2009, 07:41 AM

Hi esta, welcome to Cruise-Chat. As you can see, the seas are the seas. Sometimes smooth, sometimes not, just depends on the weather systems you happen to catch. December is a time of year where hurricane season is over, so you don't have to worry about that. I guess they call them hurricanes in the Pacific as well? Anyway, the captain will do his best to avoid any storms he can. The ships are so large now, you really don't feel too much. They all have stabilizers, which helps a great deal. If you're worried about motion sickness, there are loads of remedies available. Ginger and green apples are the natural remedies. There are the patches, bonine, and other pills. Bonine seems to be the least of the drowsy side effects. All the Princess ships we've sailed on have been immaculate, the crews have been outstanding, and the food has been good. I don't think you'll go wrong with the Golden. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise, and once again, welcome aboard.

Closed Thread

Tags
angeles, angelus, crossing, cruise, golden, hawaii, la, los, pacific, princess, reveiws, reviews, rough, sailing, seas, temperature