Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2016, 11:05 AM

Angry Future Cruise Deposit Princess: think twice
For over 5 weeks I have been trying to get my expired future cruise deposit (FCD) refunded, without any success. Numerous telephone calls and emails to both the US office and the UK office stay unanswered or are putt off with all kind of false promises. The two FCD's (for me and my wife) already expired 22 feb 2016 and by coincidence I discovered that I never got refunded.

I strongly believe that the whole future cruise program is a big scam and if you are not able to take another Princess cruise within the two years that the FCD is valid, you are screwed and never see your money back. In my case that is 200 EURO ($230).

I feel it my obligation to warn others for this doubtful practice of Princess Cruises.

--Frans
Old 08-31-2016, 01:06 PM

By the way, the fine print on the FCD contract clearly reads:

"The FCD will be automatically refunded if not applied to a new booking created within two years from the date of purchase."

Only on that term did I apply for the deposit in the first place. But they didn't and now I am going thru a lot of discomfort in order to get my money back. It is still my belief that Princess cruises deliberately calculates that people don't book again within the two years and forget all about the deposit.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:41 AM

delete- old thread.