Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2004, 05:31 PM
Banned

Diamond Lil
I geuss we are locked out ,if you notice we are not allowed to discuss the MISHAP ON THE DIAMOND PRINCESS ANY LONGER.I don't know why they don't want any further discussion on this subjet.I geuuss Princess didn't like the bad press!If all these cruise web sites shut you and the others out Princess will never make things right!Anyway let us know if you get any kind of satisfaction from Princess, if you are allowed to post that is! I do think we are being silenced!Good luck!
Tom
Old 07-30-2004, 05:31 PM
Banned

Diamond Lil
I geuss we are locked out ,if you notice we are not allowed to discuss the MISHAP ON THE DIAMOND PRINCESS ANY LONGER.I don't know why they don't want any further discussion on this subjet.I geuuss Princess didn't like the bad press!If all these cruise web sites shut you and the others out Princess will never make things right!Anyway let us know if you get any kind of satisfaction from Princess, if you are allowed to post that is! I do think we are being silenced!Good luck!
Tom
Old 07-30-2004, 08:01 PM

Thomas, I take offense at the suggestion that you and Diamond Lil have been silenced. Your original posts remain as they were posted and you are clearly able to post to this site as evidenced by the above message. Cruise-Chat.com offers cruisers the opportunity to discuss cruising's good and bad sides. It is a consumer site, not a cruise line site.

You and Diamond Lil have made your case and it stands. I believe everyone that has read the thread has come to his or her conclusion of the situation.

I know there has been times when I have been victimized by the airlines to the point where I think criminal intervention should take place. In the end, no one really cares and I move on to the next airline that doesn't care.

I read in a review once that was scathing a Carnival cruise experience and that the writer had complained to the BBB in Miami. The writer claimed that Carnival had the very worse consumer satisfaction rating the BBB gives out. I called to check out the guy’s story. I won’t tell you the results, but encourage you to do the same.

So if you have been blocked from talking about the topic on other boards, please do no confuse Cruises-Chat.com with them. However, please be respectful of our reader’s interest as well. If you only want to use Cruise-Chat.com to further a vendetta against Princess, you run the risk of the readers turning against you, rather than accomplishing your objective. I think you have made your point and I know many of us would like to know if something new occurs.

Tom
Old 08-08-2004, 01:03 PM

Tom,
I just got back from an incredible week on the Diamond yesterday (8-7, Alaskan Inside Passage). I am so glad I didn't listen to you and the others badmouthing this line. It was my first cruise, and with everyones help, it was a fabulous vacation. (But I may have packed a little too much!) The ONLY complaint that we had was that the service to get a soda in a restaurant was very slow. Otherwise, there is very little that Princess could improve. Princess is obviously the most respected line in the port towns that we were in, and when we were in port in Skagway, there were 4 large ships.

I hope everyone has a chance to cruise to Alaska on Princess and have such a wonderful experience.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:52 PM

Thanks for your report. It is nice to hear both the good and bad of our cruise ship stories. For a long time Princess and Holland America ruled Alaska. I am glad you shared your perceptions of how the Cruiseline is viewed by the locals.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-05-2004, 11:23 PM

Thank goodness I wasn't silenced Thomas or I wouldn't have gotten the results I did from Princes. I think Tom Ogg was offended that we took Princess to task.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:03 AM

Diamond Lil,

your perception is false. Taking a cruise line to task as you call it after a disappointing cruise is not the problem. The way you did it was. These forums are not to be used for personal vendettas whatsoever, against cruise lines, against other members or against anything else.

Again, as Tom Ogg wrote as well, I think you have made your case, and it is not necessary to go on with this forever.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-06-2004, 01:40 PM

RF: I only wanted to advise fellow passengers to not give up. After many complaints, Princess has finally agreed to do what was right and reimburse us for the direct expense we incurred for meals in our lay over waiting for the next flight home. Sorry if it seems I would not let go but sometimes when you are right, you need to be persistent. Happy Cruising.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:29 PM

Diamond Lil,

it's good to learn that Princess has agreed to reimburse you. I agree with you that you need to be persistent when it comes to dealing with companies over something like this, by the way.

So - happy cruising to you, as well.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Banned

Diamon Lil
I to am glad that you have recieved some satifation on your complaint with Princess.As the old saying goes perseverence wins.If you had not stuck to your guns you and the others would have gotten lost in the shuffle.In the end I think most company's want to do the right thing.Sometimes they just need a little help along the way.Congrats.
Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
mariner, sea