Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 10:21 AM

We're going on the Sapphire Princess to the Mexican Riviera at THanksgiving. Has anyone done the excursions and which ones are great? Thinking of a catamaran/snorkel trip, but open to suggestions!
Old 10-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat. It's hard to answer, "which (excursions) are great?" as what I might enjoy might be completely boring to you. I'd suggest looking through our Ports of Call Chat for ideas... we can then help with specifics.

I wish I could help with snorkel trips...we didn't do this when we did this cruise.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Cabo San Lucas is probably the best of the three ports for snorkling; but you should know in advance that the water is not as clear or as warm as the Caribbean or Hawaii.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:32 AM

Hi yoginimaura, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I hope you take LisaP's suggestion to visit the Port Chat section, there are a lot of posts about your ports. Also, take heed in what f-mattox posted, the water is cold. Hope you enjoy Princess as much as we do, they're our favorite line, so far. Best wishes!
Old 10-09-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by yoginimaura:
We're going on the Sapphire Princess to the Mexican Riviera at THanksgiving. Has anyone done the excursions and which ones are great? Thinking of a catamaran/snorkel trip, but open to suggestions!
We did this cruise on the Sapphire in April of 2007. In Puerto Vallarta we did the swim with the seals...absolutely fabulous. In Mazatlan we did a tour of Mazatlan and saw the flyers...visited a church and did some shopping. In Cabo San Lucas we did a Snorkel on the Sunderland. This is a very old pirate ship and this was the best of the lot for us.
As f-mattox says the water is pretty cool brrr.
A couple of people went in the water and jumped right back out. It may be warmer when you go. Anyways enjoy your cruise. The Sapphire Princess is a beautiful ship.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Mebs, we've done the Pirate Ship Adventure in Cabo also; at first we hesitated because it sounded kind of corny; but as you said, it was great! I loved going out to open water, cutting the engine and setting the sails. And the snorkling was good too. I should clarify: I said the water was not as warm as the Caribbean or Hawaii; it's not really cold; most of the people in our group went in.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:24 PM

It's cold to me, but I'm a weenie
Old 10-09-2009, 05:24 PM
In California we get the Arctic currents much of the year and get used to ocean water in the mid-50s. You're not a weenie: you're just not used to it.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, excursion, excursions, exersion, mexican, pirate, princess, review, reviews, riveria, riviera, sapphire, ship, suggestion, sunderland