Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 08:38 AM

Hi LindaNP, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Thank you for your explanation. I use Nexium for the GERD/refulx problem, but that is a prescription. Prilosec OTC may work or Zantac, too. I bought a wedge (pillow) and sleep on that every night, which helps a bunch. My doctor told me to wait at least 3 hours after eating before lying down, that helps, too. Hope you'll post on our board more often. Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:03 PM

If you put a fine coating of Vaseline inside your nostrils before you sleep it will help keep your airway moist. I always get a cough on board ship too.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:35 PM

Hi Wakewatcher, thanks for your reply. I thought I was the only one that suffered but my family can attest that it happens. What do you do for the cough? I would really like to nip it in the bud before taking hold of me. I can buy a product called FESS here in oz for the nose & i know it works from fellow colleuges, more concerned about prevention/remedy for the cough. The cough has nothing to do with reflux, alcohol or dry mouth.
Family & I watched the Sun Princess sail out of Sydney harbour on 12th Sept on same journey that we will be doing, only we will be on Dawn Princess, in 6 months time. Envy is not a sweet thing......... what i would give for a deck chair, kids club & a cocktail......perfect.

Cheers, Reeney.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:24 AM

Reeney, we really didn't mean for it to sound like you were the only one, but honestly I had never heard of it. I usually feel so much better on board because of the salt air, warmth and humidity. I get so dried out in the winter, nose bleeds, cracked skin, etc. It's all from the constant running of the heater. In the summers here, we have enough humidity, that even with the air conditioning on, there's still humidity in the air. I would honestly think that the saline and/or vaseline would keep the membranes moist and would prevent the cough, but I certainly am not a doctor or nurse. Maybe check with your pharmacist? A drink of the day would be fantastic, right now.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:50 AM

I get dry throat with a cough from working indoors all day. Butterscotch works for me.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:51 PM

reeney- I buy Ricola cough drops, the original flavor (not lemon or honey). They are a Swiss herbal remedy and they stop an irritating dry cough pronto. They taste good too..
Old 09-28-2009, 07:54 AM
Strange as is sounds (and wonderful), dark chocolate is good for a cough.

Also, I haven't tried it yet, but am going to try Tincture of Contmullein ( a wildflower remedy) - adding a tsp to hot water will loosen mucus and sooth the throat.

Need some cruise help?
Old 09-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Dark Chocolate is good for anything:-)

Happy Cruising:-)..

Bob E
Old 10-03-2009, 12:58 AM

Hi wakewatcher, thanks for your info were do you buy ricola cough drops? are they an aussie product?
Cheers Reeney

Closed Thread

Tags
air, blanket, cabin, cope, cough, coughing, coughs, cruise, cruises, cruising, dry, humidifier, ship, ships, wool