Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 02:51 AM

Hi i am sailing from southamton England on the 5th June 2010 for a 14 day cruise round the med 1st port of call is malaga last port gibraltor then heading back to southampton as its a 1st time family cruise i would be greatful for any tips that may be given was wondering if there are any drinks packages on board for KIDS/ADULTS if so any price ranges would be great
Old 05-13-2010, 01:08 PM
There are coffee cards that give you 15 specialty coffee drinks for about $30 plus unlimited fresh-brewed coffee at the bars that have it. There is also a soda sticker you can buy for unlimited fountain drinks; I think it worked out to about $4 a day or roughly $56 for a two week cruise. There are also daily drink specials ($6.75 in 2008) and buckets of beer--5 for the price of 4. There are also wine packages available for the dining room that vary in price according to quality.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:41 PM

Thanks very much f-mattox for your info ref drink packages ps forgot to say we are sailing on the grand princess.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:43 AM

Hi Michael Woods, welcome to Cruise-Chat! Congratulations on your up-coming cruise! The Grand Princess is a grand lady. I hope you enjoy Princess as much as we do. They're our favorite line, so far.

We haven't used the soft drink package because you'd have to drink a lot of soda to break even, which we don't. They have coffee, tea, juice, milk, and punch for free. So, if you don't drink that much soda, it might be less expensive to just purchase a can or two. If you do drink a lot of soda, then the sticker is well worth it.

We have done the wine package. It depends on the type of wine (premium, standard) you purchase as to the price. They also have a bar set up you can purchase for your cabin.

Princess has a children's club, which I think your children would enjoy. They do all types of activities, treasure hunts, cook outs, arts and crafts, games, sleep overs, etc. Most of the children would rather do the club activities than hang with their parents, but I'm not sure about your children. There is a video arcade on board for them, too. It can get expensive, so let your children know what their limit is.

There are some great activities for adults as well. The Sanctuary is for adults only. It's $10/pp for a half day or you can purchase a package at the beginning of the cruise for unlimited usage.

The Movies Under the Stars will be great for family time. They show relatively new movies and give you blankets and popcorn. The movies playing will be listed in your Princess Patter (newsletter) that will be in your cabin daily.

Best wishes for a marvelous cruise!

Closed Thread

Tags
beverage, buy, caribbean, celebrity, child, cruise, cruises, drink, milk, package, packages, premium, price, princess, royal, soft, specials, tips, worth