Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2004, 04:37 PM

I understand that Princess sells soda cards for a week's worth of Coke for $22-$25. My question is: is the Coke (specifically, Diet Coke) served on board from individual cans or from the bar tap canister that they mix the syrup with the soda water? My husband isn't that picky about his Diet Coke, but I HATE the bar mix stuff and won't need to spend the $25 if it's that stuff. If I get tired of iced tea, I'll just have to get a six-pack in port. Thanks for any input!
Old 06-21-2004, 04:37 PM

I understand that Princess sells soda cards for a week's worth of Coke for $22-$25. My question is: is the Coke (specifically, Diet Coke) served on board from individual cans or from the bar tap canister that they mix the syrup with the soda water? My husband isn't that picky about his Diet Coke, but I HATE the bar mix stuff and won't need to spend the $25 if it's that stuff. If I get tired of iced tea, I'll just have to get a six-pack in port. Thanks for any input!
Old 06-21-2004, 06:07 PM

The soda card is for the stuff from the bar tap. They do sell cans of diet coke for $1.72(tax/tip). It is easy to get the soda in port & put it in your frig too. I usually travel with at least a 12 pack. But, I do use the soda card.....

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 06-23-2004, 07:42 AM

Princess sells the soda cards for $20 for a weeks's worth of a variety of bar tap sodas. If you have the room and energy, the cruise line has no problem with you bringing a case or two of your favorite soda beverage onboard with you when you check in.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:00 AM

That is great news. Now if someone will tell me where I can get a case of diet coke in downtown Seattle, I'll be all set! Does anyone know if the 2 liter size bottles will fit in those cabin refrigerators? My husband drinks about 1 liter per meal.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:24 PM

Yes, they will fit.
I am laughing as I drink 2 liters/day of diet coke!!
Not been to Seattle. Sorry.

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 08-08-2004, 12:14 PM

Hey everyone. Just back from our cruise and thought I would give a little insight to the Soda Card policy on Princess:

The sticker, which is placed on your room key/credit card, costs $22.50 and is sold everywhere on the ship the first 2 days. The normal price of a bar-tap soda is $1.00 plus 15% tip, so $1.15. Therefore, you have to drink at least 20 sodas in 7 days to break even. Since you often get a glass more suitable for milk than an iced-down soda, for some, that is probably possible in a warm-weather climate. It was hard to do in Alaska! The canned sodas are $1.50 per can plus tip, so you have to get to 14 cans of soda to equal the soda card.

I have read where 1 person uses his card/sticker and gets several people sodas on it. If you feel comfortable doing that, then you could get to the 20 sodas easily. They never check the name on the cruise card.

The service to get a soda in the restaurants, especially the Horizon Court, was ridiculously slow.

Next cruise, we aren't buying a soda card.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:05 PM

GREAT information. It doesn't sound all that wonderful when you look at it that way. Thanks for sharing it.

Tom
Old 09-20-2004, 08:19 AM

I always get a soda card and always feel it's a good value. During the course of a week, I rarely drink les than 4 or 5 medium to large glasses of soda per day. Diet Coke if I need the caffeine, ginger ale if I need the tummy settling properties. You can pick up either a snall, medium or large glass of soda at any of the bars and they have always been friendly about granting my request.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:47 AM

The soda cards are great if you're going to the Carribean because the weather is hot and you go through a lot of sodas. Someone said something about drinking iced tea. If you like that pre-mixed instant stuff, fine. If you like real tea, you have to make it yourself by brewing a cup of hot tea and pouring it over ice. Otherwise it is, frankly, undrinkable.

For me the $22.50 is a good bargain. And we don't cheat. We get one for both my wife and I, and we pay the money and takes our chances... *s*

Of course, at breakfast my wife makes me get her hot tea and then pours it over ice... but I can live with that... *s*

Closed Thread

Tags
100, 240, card, cruise, key, princess, rooms, sixpack, soda