Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2004, 07:30 AM

After booking my cruise, I noticed on Princess Cruises website that I could "personalize" my cruise. We will be celebrating an anneversary while onboard. So, I specified that for our cruise. It didn't say anything about an additional cost for it. Will they charge us for it in the end? If they do, what would we recieve from the ship for our anneversary? Would it even be worth the extra money?
Old 11-12-2004, 07:30 AM

After booking my cruise, I noticed on Princess Cruises website that I could "personalize" my cruise. We will be celebrating an anneversary while onboard. So, I specified that for our cruise. It didn't say anything about an additional cost for it. Will they charge us for it in the end? If they do, what would we recieve from the ship for our anneversary? Would it even be worth the extra money?
Old 11-12-2004, 05:26 PM

Having a pending Princess cruise myself, I went to the site to see about personalization. It does not appear this is an extra cost thing - there are some anniversary/honeymoon packages available, which might include a bottle of champagne in your stateroom, etc., but I think this is the basic, no extra cost celebration - namely the waiters gather around your table at dinner one night and sing to you, plus you may (or may not) get a little cake & candle. You should, however, contact your TA or the cruise line to be sure.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:18 PM

Happy Anniversary to you both!
Princess does do the cake thing with singing & a card signed by the Captain, they also decorate your cabin door with balloons & a Happy Anniversary sign, at no extra charge.
They also offer many extra packages at an extra charge, champagne, flowers,pictures,spa packages renewal of vows,etc.
Hope you enjoy your cruise

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 11-15-2004, 06:09 AM
Banned

Sunprincess is right about what they do.

We were celebrating our anniversary. The day of it the waiter, and some of the other restaurant crew brought a small cake with one candle and sang happy anniversary. We were surprised because we had anytime dining. They also hang some balloons and a sign on your cabin door. You do not get any special upgrades, or better service because most people cruising are celebrating something.
Walking down the hall outside of our cabin it seemed as if every cabin had balloons and a sign that was either for anniversary, birthday, or honeymoon. I made a comment that there was none celebrating a divorce.

There is no charge except for the embarassment of being the center of attraction in the dining room. Go for it. It is still a special occassion and you will have fun. Enjoy your cruise and many more.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:38 AM

You truly can celebrate anything. Anniversary, wedding, divorce, St. Swithen's Day, you name it. You just tell the maitre d in the restaurant (if you have a first or second seating) that on X day you want to celebrate your wife's first cousins' uncle's brother's bar mitzvah, and they'll take care of you.

We've really enjoyed this aspect of Princess.

Tony DeWitt

Golden Princess

Closed Thread

Tags
anniversary, bar, birthdays, carribean, celebrate, celebrating, cruise, cruises, lines, mitzvah, occasion, occasions, princess, royal, ship, special