Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Princess simply has decided to put fewer assets in the Caribbean. They've completely left the market during the peak summertime season and really don't put much into the Caribbean until November through April.

They've also moved ships to other markets since the Caribbean has become boring to many cruisers - especially those who have the time to do longer cruises since they tend to be older and more experienced. You don't find many young people or new cruisers on 14-night voyages, at least not as many as you do on shorter cruises.

Finally, most cruise lines have ceded the Caribbean market to Royal Caribbean and Carnival. It just isn't worth competing with them when they can fill their ships elsewhere.

14 night cruises are comparatively rare in the big picture. It is a diminishing returns thing. The longer the cruise the less money per day passengers spend aboard the ship - which is where the lines really make their money.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Don't know if you're concerned with demographics, but you could look at two 7 day Back-to-Back cruises - HAL 7 days are usually 3 ports with an additional day at their private island - however, they only do the Caribbean October through April
Old 12-08-2010, 11:28 AM

There are 2 14 day itineraries in November and 2 15 day itineraries in December. It looks like they're only doing back to back itineraries next fall. I would think it's because of the economy. People seem to not be able to pay for a full 14 day, so they're offering 7 and 10 day itineraries and making them a back to back for those that can afford longer cruises.

From what I've heard, the Allure is a fantastic ship, but it would be doing the same thing as Princess. A 7 day eastern and then a 7 day western.

Princess had what they called the Grand Caribbean which was an actual 14 day itinerary. You did not return to the home port. I believe that is what they are offering this year.

I have done 3 10 day cruises on Princess and can attest that they were great itineraries. Of course, I love the extra days and love 14 day itineraries, but then again, even 21 days isn't long enough for me Just wish I had more money.

Sorry I don't have anything better to report.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:13 AM

So if we are looking for a 14 days cruises in Sept or Oct there is nothing?

Looks like a 14 day on Allure of the Seas in Oct at this rate

The Village Inn & Spa (formerly Rainbow Hotel): St. Lucia Hotel

Closed Thread

Tags
14, caribbean, cruises, days, dec, december, emeral, emerald, european, forum, hurricane, princess, season, septoct, update