Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 07:28 AM
Found this info on another site
The Port of Honolulu at the Aloha Tower Marketplace is a conveniently located just 5 miles from the Honolulu International Airport. Approximate travel time is 15 - 30 minutes depending on traffic.

Taxis are readily available and a one-way fare from the Honolulu International Airport is approximately $15 - $17 if traffic is light and as much as $20 - $30 depending upon the severity of rush hour. There are a number of Ground Transportation Operators, including luxury limo services, who can provide ground transportation services from the airport on a prearranged basis.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 09-23-2009, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Using my evil administrator powers I see you are in Australia. I have no idea about any regulations you might have regarding travel providers.

Don't let this ruin your cruise. It is a comparatively minor glitch. Assuming your flight arrives on time you still have to retrieve luggage and go through immigration. That can easily take you to 8:30am before you see the outside of the airport. The port is near the airport. I'd be surprised if you had to wait more than 30 minutes or so before they'd take your luggage - and remember there is a $5 per bag holding service. Honolulu isn't going to be busting wide open at that time of the morning anyway, so you won't be missing much. I see your ship leaves at 11pm.

How about this suggestion? Get through immigration and retrieve the luggage, then have breakfast at the airport, then get some transportation to the ship? That will eat up some time in a productive way (you'll need food anyway).
Old 09-24-2009, 06:20 AM

Thanks all for your contributions. We WILL have a good holiday!
I will report back following our arrival in Sydney on 19th October

Tony
Old 09-24-2009, 07:05 AM

Hi Tony West Oz, you should have plenty of time to explore Oahu. The bus service there is actually pretty good and dependable, however, you could grab a cab, too. You could go visit the Arizona memorial, the Punch Bowl (cemetery), Diamond Head, Hanauma Bay, the Toilet Bowl (if it's still open), and the north shore. Then come back through the pineapple fields. In fact, there may be kiosks in the airport to book a tour that would include those spots. We booked ours through the hotel we stayed in. If you don't want to do all that traveling after flying for so long, maybe just take a cab and go down to the beach at Diamond Head. You could go to the Royal Hawaiian and have brunch out on the lanai. There are also a plethera of lounges, restaurants, shops, etc., at that area. If you can, please go see the Arizona, it is really spectacular.

One thing I would suggest, is to check into the ship. You could go over to Diamond Head, then return to the ship. Get your sail and sign cards, then go and explore some more.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Quote:
You could go to the Royal Hawaiian and have brunch out on the lanai.
Mai Tais on the lanai at the Royal Hawaiian is a "must do" Honolulu experience.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:16 PM

F-Mattox, did you get to see Don Ho when you were there? I got to go to a dinner show one evening, he was a fantastic entertainer, and what a magnificent setting.

Mai Tais on the lanai, you are so right, it's a "must do".
Old 09-24-2009, 02:27 PM
No Penny, I'm sorry to say; I never had the pleasure. I missed him when I was there in '94, and he passed away while I was there in '07. Everyone that saw him said, like you, what a great entertainer he was.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Administrator

I'd like to see Jake Shimabukuro play live. Granted it is a tenor uke, but this always impresses me.

I'm sorry I never saw "Iz" live.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:55 PM
How utterly beautiful; I've never heard a uke played like that. The man is a master.

Closed Thread

Tags
arriving, bag, baggage, boarding, check, cruise, docks, early, honolulu, line, luggage, norwegian, prior, ships, storage, today