Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 07:59 AM

We are flying into Honolulu at 07:00 on 29th Sept 2009 and Boarding is after 13:00.
Will the Sun Princess accept our luggage early?
If not, What can we do with our luggage???

Tony
Old 09-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

I believe they have a $5 per bag storage service at the cruise terminal. The terminal cannot accept luggage for embarking passengers early because they need to clear out the luggage and passengers from the preceding cruise first. However, you are likely to find the time between your arrival and when you can board shorter than you think. Ships often are ready to accept new passengers one to two hours before the posted boarding time.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Tony, you might consider purchasing a Princess Transfer from the airport to the ship. Once you collect your luggage and it's on the coach, the next time you see it will be in your cabin. And they will have a hospitality room in a hotel or at the terminal where you can wait in comfort with snacks and beverages.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Administrator

I didn't think of the Princess transfer. That would be the smart decision in this case.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:29 AM

When I booked, I checked with the Travel Agent about transfers and was assured that they were all included. When I received the package from Princess, the documents said that no transfers were included.
I tried to get them to add it but they said it was not possible.
They offered me the price of Taxi fates only.

Thanks for the suggestions,
Tony
Old 09-22-2009, 06:39 AM

I'd call my travel agent and ask what gives? TA said transfers were included and your docs say they aren't so TA owes you an explanation and should pay the fee of storing your bags.

Have a great time! Hawaii is beautiful.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:53 AM
Administrator

I haven't used Princess transfers but with other cruise lines you can buy them at the airport with the cruise line rep.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Transfers are sold separately and should be a separate item on the invoice from your travel agent; they are not included--not with Princess. Your agent has some 'splainin' to do.

Who told you it was not possible to add transfers and offered the price of taxi fares? That dosen't sound like Princess. You should be able to purchase transfers up to 5 days before your cruise.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:38 AM

OK Folks,
Here is the explanation from the TA.
They advertised a "special" price by using "cut price" airlines. Princess does not offer transfers to these airlines. I can't change air line as I have paid the full fare already.

There is no mention of why they said that all transfers were included. It was an important factor in our decision to book thru them.

I will be making a formal complaint to the TA Registration Board (or whatever they have as an industry body), AFTER we get home again and my expenses have been paid.

Any other suggestions?

We are first time travellers and this is souring me on travelling. It is a pity that we will waste most of out time in Honolulu, where we could be exploring, rather than sitting on our luggage, waiting for Princess to accept it.

Hopefully this will be well before normal boarding time so we can have a look at Honolulu.

Regards,
Tony
Old 09-23-2009, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony West Oz:

Any other suggestions?

We are first time travellers and this is souring me on travelling. It is a pity that we will waste most of out time in Honolulu, where we could be exploring, rather than sitting on our luggage, waiting for Princess to accept it.

Hopefully this will be well before normal boarding time so we can have a look at Honolulu.

Regards,
Tony
Take a taxi ..I do not think it is that far from the dock The cruise line should take baggage soon after the others people have disembarked the ship ..probably by 9 am then take the BUS & explore till boarding time
Be sure to be on the ship around 2 hr prior to sail away. I think the cut off is 90 minutes better to be safe than standing on the dock waving goodbye to the ship
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012

Closed Thread

Tags
arriving, bag, baggage, boarding, check, cruise, docks, early, honolulu, line, luggage, norwegian, prior, ships, storage, today