Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 09:14 PM

New member, first time poster. I booked the July 17 2010 sailing of the British Isles Cruise on Crown Princess for my family of five. My wife and I have cruised before, first cruise for our kids (6, 8 and 13). Realized later that, although we have great port-side unobstructed view staterooms, they are way up front. We usually stay mid-ship to avoid the "Pitch & Roll". I don't have any problems, and my wife is fine with Dramamine. But I'm just curious, has anyone else taken the British Isles Cruise on Crown Princess? How rough does it get? It seems like the ship stays pretty close to shore the whole time, so maybe it's not a huge deal. Just trying to decide if I should take some meds for the kids.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:56 AM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat, and congratulations on your upcoming cruise! We took a British Isles cruise last July, although on a different ship and some minor differences in ports of call. In any case, it was mostly smooth sailing, other than some rough waters near the northeastern tip of Scotland and the southeastern area of Ireland, when we were most exposed to open waters. As an veteran cruiser, you know that there are many variables involved, so you might not have the same experience. All else being equal, I'd expect the roughest waters on your itinerary to be between Guernsey and Cobh, and as you round northern Scotland (where the Atlantic meets the North Sea). All this is relative, though -- we've had far worse seas enroute to Bermuda and in the Caribbean.

You may want to bring something for the kids... yet, allow me to suggest another, easy remedy: green apples. They're readily available on the ship, free, and they have no side effects.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:09 PM
From your description, it sounds like you are on Emerald Deck; Emerald Deck is low enough that stability in the forward cabins should be about the same as the midship cabins. This would not be the case if you were higher up, say on Riviera or Lido Deck.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
From your description, it sounds like you are on Emerald Deck;
Heh, good point - I should have posted my room. And, good guess! Emerald Deck, rooms E114 and E110. Thanks for the info (and thanks to LisaP too!)
Old 04-11-2010, 04:50 PM
No guesswork involved ; you said you had an unobstructed view, implying you were on a deck that also had obstructed view cabins: and Emerald Deck is the only one .

Have a great cruise!

Closed Thread

Tags
bow, british, britsh, crown, cruise, cruising, emblem, isle, isles, princess, review, reviews, rough, ships, tips