Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 08:20 AM

Where do most passengers eat their breakfast on the Emerald? Is it in the Windjammer or in the dining room.How soon get you get off the ship when you get into port,and do you have to be back on the ship at a certain time. Thanks for all the info.

chuckles
Old 01-27-2010, 09:33 AM

There are a lot of people that eat in the dining room, but I personally enjoy the buffet. Their pastries are amazing, they have omelet stations, and will fry, poach or boil eggs for you. We've cruised Princess 9 times and I think we've only eaten in the dining room once for breakfast. We're early risers, so I go get coffee for my hubby and juice for me to bring back to the cabin while he gets ready. Then we're off to the buffet and hit the shore. The ship is normally cleared within 30 minutes of arriving at your port of call, sometimes less, sometimes more. Whatever you do, be sure to be back to the ship on time. They will announce the time, post it next to the gangway, and it will be in your Princess Patter. If you're not on a Princess sponsored excursion and you're late getting back, you will be responsible for meeting up with the ship at the next port. They will not wait. Believe me, I've seen many people left behind, so make sure you're back on time.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:59 PM
I, on the other hand, love the dining room for breakfast, especially on port days. The food in Horizon Court is wonderful; and if you go after the rush, it is very pleasant. But on port days, when everybody is in a hurry to get off the ship, the buffet can be chaos. I much prefer the quiet, casual and unhurried dining room.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:36 PM
I agree...you have enough days to do both!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:23 AM

I have cruised only 3 times and found that I prefer breakfast in my cabin. You fill out the card left in your room every night and hang it on the door. I can get exactly what I would eat elsewhere. There's no rush to get dressed and out and about. AND it helps me get up and not sleep the day away, which I too often do on vacation.
2010 Emerald Princess - Eastern Caribbean (7 days)
Old 02-02-2010, 05:00 PM
I look at the breakfast in the cabin as sort of the pre-breakfast breakfast; coffee, rolls, fruit and cereal on the balcony; then 8-10 trips around the Promenade deck; and then the REAL breakfast :-)

Closed Thread