Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 12:09 PM

What is the Princess policy if we prebook an island excursion and then which to canx out once on board or If we had to canx our cruise for any reason?

Thanks

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-21-2010, 12:17 PM

They will refund your money, if you cancel your tour more than 24 hours before departure. They even refunded our money once on the same day. We had booked a snorkel trip in Curacao. When we awoke, it was storming, not just raining. Lightning, thundering, really high winds and torrential rains. We went down and canceled and fully expected to lose our money. The tour operator called and canceled, so they did refund our money.

We haven't been on Princess for over a year now, (too long I know) but they did not charge my credit card until we boarded the ship. I'm not sure if this has changed since it seems everyone is charging you cards before you board. At least Celebrity and Carnival did on my last 2 cruises. I haven't booked one on the Epic, yet, because I still have to make final payment shortly.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Penny, nothing has changed at Princess; the shore excursions go on your onboard account and your card isn't charged until the day you disembark. What is a little confusing is they put a hold on a certain amonut of money on your debit or credit card; twice now we thought we were overcharged, but within a couple of days everything was set right.

Here is cancellation policy.

http://www.princess.com/learn/...Pre_Reserving_Shorex

Other than tours involving hotels, flights or private vehicles, the "closing time" is usually, as you say, 24 hours before ahead. Although, I have heard of people getting refunds if they cancel on the day of the tour due to illness and get validation from the ship's medical center.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:19 PM

I'm sure glad to hear that, f-mattox. I much prefer it the way Princess does it. It's hard to know that everything will go as planned 3 hours ahead of time, let alone 3 months
Old 05-21-2010, 01:40 PM

Thanks f-mattox and Penny for your quick and expert info on this subject. I agree, it is difficult to know whats going to happen and it is reassuring to know that one is able to canx a prearranged cruisetour on board and not be charged for it.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi all..on the Crown earlier this month, the closing for specific tours was posted, amongst other places, in the Princess Patter (the daily newsletter). You had until 6pm to cancel. We changed tours from a more expensive one to a cheaper one and that was handled quickly and without any grumbles. The credit appeared on our accounts the next day. No problems. And yes, we heard of passengers cancelling on the day of and getting full refunds. I wouldn't make a practice of it but they would probably forgive it once.

Closed Thread