Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 06:33 AM

We are sailing in two days from Civitavecchia on the Grand Princess. Last minute question - we are taking the train from Rome Termini station to Civitavecchia and understand it is a long four or five block walk to the port entry. We plan to take a taxi for that. I read somewhere that there are Princess shuttles from the port entry to the ship. I believe entry is restricted as it is an industrial port. Do I have my story correct or should we take the taxi all the way to the embarkation lounge? Sorry this is last minute. I thought I had my ducks all in a row but am now not so sure! Thanks!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-17-2009, 07:13 PM

Our Rental Car got a flat tyre some 30mins from port, so we were towed into town and caught a taxi directly to the ship. It wasn't expensive and got us there comfortably.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:32 AM

We just got back from our cruise and I thought I should report back on the questions I posted earlier.
We took the train from Rome Termini to Civitavecchia (frequent and fast, 11 euros) and were able to catch a taxi with another couple to the ship. $20 shared between two couples. On the return trip Princess has (but does not advertise) free shuttles that will take you to the port entrance. That worked fine but we found that we couldn't get a taxi to go the 1/4 mile to the station. Had to wheel our bags. No big deal for us as we were traveling fairly light. It worked well for us.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
citaveccia, cittavechhia, civitavecchia, civitaveccia, civitavechia, civitivecchia, mykonos, rome, taxi, termini