Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 08:02 AM

Your right, I don't think that is the way Princess fixes things. Next time which will be to Alaska again we will ask them to fix it. 14 days of the creaking was too much.
We love Princess and I do not mean this as a slam, only to find out what to do and now I know.
We will be planning a Hawaii trip just to stay on Maui and visit Kuaui for a couple of days.
The cruise does not give you enough time to explore and get lost a little, so next time no ship.
The next trip will be Alaska!
EB

url=http://www.cruiseclocks.com/][/url]
Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-23-2009, 04:48 PM

We're booked on same cruise in January. Did you take the ship's excursions or did you do your own. We usually get private guides which we share with another couple or two. Any recommendations about guides?
Old 11-23-2009, 04:55 PM

Did you go on any of the ship's excursions? We're on same ship in January. We usually like to hire private guides with another couple or two. But so far, don't know anyone else on this cruise. Glad you had a great cruise. We look forward to it too.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:54 AM

Hi LV Trapper, welcome to Cruise-Chat. If you'll look a little further down on our main page, you will see a Roll Call section heading. You can check there to see if your cruise is listed. If it is, simply click on reply to add your name. If it isn't, click on reply and add your cruise. I'm not sure what excursions eb took. Since it is Hawaii, you won't have to worry about a language barrier, so it might be easier to find an independent tour. My suggestion would be to google your islands and find tour operators if you don't want to do the ship's excursions. Just remember to plan for plenty of time to get back to the ship. If you're doing an independent tour, the ship will not wait if you're late. It will then be your responsibility to catch up to the ship. Best wishes and congratulations on your up-coming cruise! You're going to love Princess.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:34 AM

LV,
We used the ship excursion to go to the Arizona. It included a bus tour around the city that was great. It cost $79 and worth it. On the other islands we did it on our own.
We heard from many of the people on board that they thought that the excursions were too expensive and too long. Many times that we took off on our own and rented a car we saw the same people as if we went on the trip with them. What we liked is we left when we wanted to and not set on the bus waiting for that one or two couples that,(I don't know how} did not hear what time to be back to the bus. That happened to us at the Arizona.
It is a personal choice but I think that the ship leans on the phrase, "if you miss the ship" to get you scared into taking the ship excursions. I can see it in a country that you have never been to or a trip that is too far or hard to find. Hawaii was not like that. Driving around there was no problem.
At most ports there were many private operators and nobody had any problem with them from what I heard.
Nobody was left behind!
We had a great time but next time will do a land trip to spend more time on one island.
EB

Old 11-24-2009, 09:27 AM

So would you suggest not doing a Hawaiian cruise if someone wanted to see Hawaii?

Old 11-24-2009, 10:43 AM
I think a cruise to Hawaii is no different from a cruise to anyplace else: it is a good way to sample a place, to get a feel for it. Then you have an idea where you would like to go back and really spend some time and explore.

If you really want to "see" Hawaii, you have to spend some time there. But for me, a cruise to Hawaii is as much about the relaxing days at sea as it is about the Islands themselves.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:49 PM

I've been to Hawaii and would love to return. I heard someone talking about their Hawaiian cruise and they said it was four days at sea to reach Hawaii.

I think I'd probably want to stay longer in the ports than the ship allows so when I'll save my cruises for other places.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:56 PM

Maurine,
We saw a NCL ship while on our cruise and I was told you fly to Hawaii and get on that ship and they stay two days in each port then you fly back. That would have been a real help. When you can only stay maybe 8 hrs and the excursion takes 5-6 hrs. plus waiting around time, you don't have much time to explore the islands.
We will go back and stay on an island rather than cruise there again.
The four and a half days going was enough sea days for me.
The food got to tasting all the same after 10 days, so the last four days coming back I could have done without plus the stop in Mexico was a waste.
EB

Old 11-25-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
The food got to tasting all the same after 10 days
My Panama Canal cruise was 15 days and I was tired of the food too.

The NCL sounds better-with two days in each port. I know when I visited Hawaii I could have spent two days at the Polynesian Cultural Center alone.

And while I like sea days, 4 days at a stretch seems like a lot. There would have to be a lot of activities to keep the fun going.

I hope you had nice weather at least.

Closed Thread

Tags
14, cabin, cruise, cruises, day, days, golden, hawaii, hawaiian, inside, live, princess, problems, review, reviews, stay