Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 12:09 PM

We just got back from our 14 day Hawaii cruise on the Golden. It was a great cruise with only a couple of things that aren't even worth griping about.
The one question that I had was, Has anybody else here been on the Golden lately and did there cabin creak and moan like and old wooden ship! I haven't been on a wooden ship but I can just imagine what it would sound like.
Our cabin creaked with every movment of the ship.
The ceiling moved and creaked, the walls made noise, the door moaned all night long.
Just wondering if anybody else had this problem.
I just don't remember my other cruises to have cabin noise like this. ??
EB

url=http://www.cruiseclocks.com/][/url]
Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-16-2009, 12:34 PM

We were on the NCL Star a year or so ago and it too creaked and groaned, (at least in our cabin) made it worse if the balcony door was open. It actually was quite relaxing, felt like some of the old tubs I had to work on. The Golden and the Star were both built in the same year I think.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:03 PM

We found that if we kept the door open so we could hear the ocean it muted the creaking. We were on the Star to Alaska about 1-1/2 years ago and did not notice this. Other than that the cruise was great.
It also was the first time we dined at Sabatinis at it was worth every penny {dollar} we spent. I will always do that in the future.
EB

Old 11-16-2009, 01:30 PM

Eek! It was haunted!

Old 11-16-2009, 01:55 PM

Well......it was during Halloween!

Old 11-16-2009, 07:06 PM
We had that problem on the Grand Princess one time (sister to Golden Princess). I put post-it notes on the spots where the creaking seemed to be coming from and contacted the Passenger Services Desk. A worker came in and put shims in the joints that were creaking and by the second night, it was gone.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:01 AM

Eb, did they have the Crown Grill on board, too? I liked the Crown better than Sabatini's. The food was excellent in Sabatini's, but there was just so MUCH of it. Don't get me wrong, I love to eat, but just can't eat that much at one time. Now, given all day, I could have handled it without a problem But, in the Crown Grill, they had the Black and Blue onion soup. It was fantastic!

Which island was your favorite? Did the itinerary give you enough time in each port to take in the beauty of the Hawaiian islands? We've just been there on land vacations and my hubby used to live on Maui, so we've been able to visit some surreal areas. My favorite though, was taking a helicopter tour. That was breath-taking.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:05 AM

I wish I would have called them to work on it but it looked like they had tried many times to fix it. The ceiling panels were all scratched and bent and there was paper stuffed in the cracks, so I thought that they had done what they could.

As for the Crown Grill, I think it was on the Grand but not sure. We will try that next time.
No, there was not enough time to do what we wanted to do. We are planning a future trip to stay on Maui so we can explore.
It was a great trip but I was ready to get home after 14 days.
EB

Old 11-17-2009, 06:24 PM
The scratches and stuffed paper was most likely from previous passengers trying to fix it themselves; that's not the way Princess fixes things :-)
Old 11-18-2009, 07:17 AM

Maui is a great island to explore, beautiful scenery. I'd like to go back to the big island one day. I loved the different colored beaches. I'd also like to revisit Molokai.

F-mattox, you're right, Princess doesn't fix things that way.

Closed Thread

Tags
14, cabin, cruise, cruises, day, days, golden, hawaii, hawaiian, inside, live, princess, problems, review, reviews, stay