Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2004, 07:05 PM

I am torn between the Carnival Pride and the Diamond Princess for a Mexican Riviera cruise. Can anyone compare them or give a comparison between the two?

Any comments on either ship would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:05 PM

I am torn between the Carnival Pride and the Diamond Princess for a Mexican Riviera cruise. Can anyone compare them or give a comparison between the two?

Any comments on either ship would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:34 PM

What is your age and what are your interests? Are you a late night partier, or retire early? The difference between the two ships has a lot to do with demographics. Both products are great, depending on the expectations of the cruiser.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-18-2004, 04:39 PM

Im 20 and im going on a cruise with my mother. We dont stay up late and she likes nice restaurants and good food and quiet peacefulness, as do I.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:22 PM

Both ships are new, large, and very nice; I might vote in favor of Princess, given you are not into late nightlife and like things a little quieter, but the latter especially will depend on which time of year you are going. There may be more young folks and/or families in school break periods, for example.

Also, food is a very subjective thing. (You will find that out if you read lots of cruise reviews.) I have personally enjoyed meals on both cruise lines, finding the food very good to excellent on each one.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:08 AM

Based on the fact that both you and your mother like things on the quieter side, I would agree with Karen. Princess would probably be a better match.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-19-2004, 05:43 PM

I would HIGHLY recommend Princess.
I was just on the Diamond in July. She is a lovely gem.
I truely think for what you are looking for you & your Mom will love Princess. The food is excellent, with MANY alternative dining options.
GOOD LUCK
Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, comments, cruise, experience, pride, princess