Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2004, 07:40 PM

My wife and I have been on 3 Princess cruises in the past 3 years. Obviously we like Pricess. This year we plan to take another during spring break. We are thinking either the Western Carribean on the Grand or the Mexican Riviera on the Diamond.

We would like any input about the two choices.

We're sort of leaning toward the Mexican Riviera now but we have heard the water may be cool off the West coast of Mexico that time of year (last week of March). Any comments about the water, or anything around the ports of call, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:40 PM

My wife and I have been on 3 Princess cruises in the past 3 years. Obviously we like Pricess. This year we plan to take another during spring break. We are thinking either the Western Carribean on the Grand or the Mexican Riviera on the Diamond.

We would like any input about the two choices.

We're sort of leaning toward the Mexican Riviera now but we have heard the water may be cool off the West coast of Mexico that time of year (last week of March). Any comments about the water, or anything around the ports of call, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:56 PM

We took the Mexican Riviera cruise on RCL in November 2003. We thought the ports were nice and will be going on the Diamond Princess in January 2005.

My experience has been that the Carribean ports are about 3-5 degrees warmer, but that each cruise really depends on the weather you get the week you are on the ship.

We did notice on the Mexican Riviera cruise that there is a very pronounced temperature change of about 20 degrees between Los Angeles and Cabo. This temperature change is very pronounced and happens about 100-200(?) miles north of Cabo. We noticed it both on the way down and on the way back.

One plus to a Carribean cruise is that all of the ports are quite different from each other, whereas we found the Mexican ports to be somewhat similar to each other.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:07 PM

Farmerjohn

Thanks for the reply. Let us know how the January cruise goes. I think we're leaning on that one in March

Closed Thread

Tags
mexican, riviera, temperature, western, westerncarribean