Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/)
-   -   AD category Mini-Suites on Emerald Princess (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/6154-ad-category-mini-suites-emerald-princess.html)

clkbjk 06-10-2010 11:21 AM

The AD rooms on the Emerald Princess located at the aft of the ship on the Emerald deck....would you consider these rooms (the low end of the mini suite catergory) to be worth spending the extra money---as opposed to a balcony room? Or if we are going with a mini suite, should we book a higher category? In regards to extra space in the cabin and bathroom. Thanks!

Dave 06-10-2010 12:34 PM

Welcome to cruise-chat.

Those are nice cabins with lots of room. A higher category mini-suite doesn't really matter. They are the same size just on a higher deck. An AA on Dolphin deck has the same square feet and closet space as the AD on Emerald deck.

f-mattox 06-10-2010 12:43 PM

My opinion is the extra space in the cabin, bathroom and balcony of the mini-suites is well worth the extra money. However, if you are on a budget, the catagory BA and BB balcony cabins on Caribe Deck are very nice also; the balcony is almost as big and what you are missing, the bathtub, sitting area and second T.V. are nice but not essential.

I actually prefer the AD minis on Emerald Deck because the balconies are completely covered. The minis on Dolphin Deck are not covered. If you plan to sun on your balcony you want to be on Dolphin Deck; otherwise AD on Emerald Deck is just fine. If you do decide on Dolphin Deck you don't have to go with AA or AB; AC is just fine--the cabins and balconies are all the same; it's the location you are paying for in AA and AB. But AC is right near the lifts and stairs so there is really no need to pay the extra.

clkbjk 06-10-2010 12:54 PM

Thanks! AD it is!!! Are there any other next extras to know about--- like the Chef's Table- any other wine/foodie presentations/classes/tastings etc that we should know about?

f-mattox 06-10-2010 03:16 PM

I'm going to try to do the Chef's Table on my next cruise in October; the word is you have to make your reservation as soon as you board the ship--go directly to the Maitre d' or call the dinner reservation line--space is very limited.

You should also try Sabatini's and Crown Grill at least once during your cruise; there is an extra charge--but well worth it.

There should be two wine tastings: one is a kind of introduction to the art of wine and the second is for premium wines.

There will also be a cooking demonstration at some point, and of course an opportunity to buy a cookbook autographed by the Master Chef. There should also be a galley tour.

Watch your Princess Patter, the daily newsletter, for the dates and times of these extra activities.

clkbjk 06-21-2010 09:13 AM

Well, we tried to book AD- but we were assigned AA on the Dolphin deck. I am fine with the change, we are mid-ship on the port side, close to the elevator area- so we actually got an upgrade (cost-wise).
F-mattox- thanks for the info about the Chef's table, galley tour, wine tastings etc....