Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 01:43 PM

We are considering a 1st Cruise with our chidren (ages 11 and 8) on the Pricess Emerald during April 2010. (eastern caribbean)

I am looking for comments from other travelers with children around this age.

Also, please tell me what type of cabin you booked and the deck level and if you were satisfied with the amount of space.

Thank you!
Old 08-30-2009, 02:23 PM
With two children of that age you could certainly get by with a standard oceanview cabin. A balcony cabin would be better in that it would give you a little more room to stretch out.

But if finances permit, I would strongly suggest a mini suite; the extra sitting area, larger bathroom and closet area, and the more spacious balcony make it well worth the additional expense, which on some itineraries is not really that much more.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Administrator

I agree with f-mattox -- book a mini-suite if finances permit. There's significantly more room, and the kids will share a sofa bed rather than have pull-out upper bunks. Plus, they'd have their own TV.

If that's not possible (as it wasn't for us), a standard outside or balcony still provides sufficient room. There is plenty of closet space...important consideration, IMO.

BTW, welcome to cruise-chat!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:45 AM

Hi tinab, welcome to Cruise-Chat. The Emerald Princess is an awesome ship. We had a standard balcony and had plenty of room for 2, 4 would be tight. However, if you're like most, it would be minimal when everyone would be in the cabin at the same time. Also, I had an inside on the Caribbean (Riviera Deck) that was very roomy. But, I definitely prefer the balcony. Here's a link to some pictures if you'd like to take a look, just click on the Emerald Princess album. I'm going to miss not cruising on Princess next year, but my budget just can't do it. (come on lottery ). Hope you have a wonderful time!
Old 09-06-2009, 06:02 PM

Hi Tinab,

I was on the Emerald Princess in Europe for 12 days in May. My husband and I and our 11 year old son. We had an inside cabin on Dolphin Deck. We had the two bottom beds moved together for form a queen bed and our son slept in the bunk bed on one side of the room. The bunk was always open. We spent very little time in our cabin, basically changing our clothes and sleeping or watching a movie before going to bed after a very exhausting and fun day. If we had to use both bunks, I admit it would be a tight squeeze. There is a lot of storage space in the inside cabin however the bathroom is very small. The last time we cruised with both kids (10 and 15) at the time we opted for a balcony cabin and we were happy because we had the queen bed against the balcony door and a bunk bed above a sofa couch bed (boys drew straws). That was very comfortable for 4 people. Only issue I have for you is that with an 8 year old you would not want to leave that child by themselves in cabin with a balcony.

Closed Thread

Tags
age, average, balcony, bed, beds, bunk, cabin, cabins, children, cruise, emerald, oceanview, october, people, pics, princess, reviews, travelers