Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 07:04 AM

Me and my partner are thinking of going on our 2nd cruise on 9th October 2010 for 3 wks.

Our 1st cruise was October this year on Sea Princess, very nice ship but we fancy a 3 wk cruise and a bigger ship although some comments have been that the Emerald Princess may be too big.

Another reason we are looking at the Emerald Princess is we want to do a 3 weeks cruise this time and not 2 and there seems to be limited caribbean cruises for 3 weeks, Sea Princess have only the panama canal starting in San Francisco and we dont fancy that.

Also we are looking at either an inside cabin or balcony, i know this is individual preferences but does anyone have any room numbers for a good inside and balcony position.

Inside not too bothered as long as there is not lots of movement (bit of movement at night on Sea Princess in B729) and Balcony anywhere as long as there is a good view when docking etc.

The Village Inn & Spa (formerly Rainbow Hotel): St. Lucia Hotel
Old 12-14-2009, 02:23 PM
I like the aft-facing catagory BB balcony cabins; or any balcony cabin on Caribe Deck, because the balconies are larger. Or if you like to spend a lot of time around the main pools, the balcony cabins on Lido Deck are very conveniently located--as are the inside cabins on Lido Deck.

I don't think you'll find Emerald Princess to be too big. I like the smaller ships, but the large ships have advantages too. The only way to find out which is best for you is to try both.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:51 PM

I just booked a B2B on another cruise line today. It's only for two weeks, but I worked on getting the same cabin and the location I wanted (mid-ship) for both weeks. I don't know if you have given any thought to that, but I don't like moving once I'm nestled in. Like f-mattox, I prefer balcony cabins on the stern of the ship. On the RCCL mega ships there is a lot of steel that wraps around the stern--I don't like the rear cabins on those ships. I find the view on any balcony cabin is great - whether on the port or starboard side. I don't have a priority on any inside cabin - it doesn't matter where it is once the door is shut. At least that's my opinion.

Sonny
Old 12-14-2009, 08:59 PM

Hi Sonny! I know I am not the only "inquiring mind" that wants to know what cruise line and ship you are giving a try?

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 12-14-2009, 09:52 PM

Every one was talking about the Princess line--that's why I said another cruise line. There is only one cruise line for me - I get too many perks to try another one. I booked the Liberty of the Seas today.

Sonny
Old 01-01-2010, 07:27 AM

Hi J and S,

Three weeks in an inside cabin. That might be a little long. Depending on the time of year you plan to travel and the prices, I would opt for a balcony cabin. We were in the Caribbean over xmas and it was so nice to be able to sit out on our own balcony. We were on the Aloha Deck 12 mid ship. Our balcony was completely covered. The Balcony cabins below me on Deck number 10 and 9 were larger and had lounge chairs which would have been nice but Decks were not covered so you could get rained on. Our teenagers had an inside cabin and that was fine for them because they were NEVER in their room. It is really nice to be able to order room service and eat outside on your balcony and watch the happenings in the port if you get a port side balcony cabin. We sailed in Europe this past spring for 12 days in an inside cabin and it was fine because we were NEVER in the cabin always out on tours, etc. so it was fine then but in the Caribbean, we prefer a balcony cabin.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:00 AM

Hi,

The cruise is 9th October 2010.

What do you mean by portside cabin, dont they dock on different sides depending on the location?

Did you go on Emerald Princess and how did you find it?

The Village Inn & Spa (formerly Rainbow Hotel): St. Lucia Hotel
Old 01-11-2010, 03:33 PM

Hey J @ S,

Maybe we have just had luck but each time we have booked a balcony cabin (and that goes for the last time this past December on Emerald Princess) our cabin was port side and the ship faced the town. We were not facing the ocean. So I guess the islands that we hit gave us a great view of the town from our balcony cabin. I have no issues with insides at all. I will usually book an inside for a very busy cruise eg. a European Cruise because there is so little time to spend on the balcony. We loved the Emerald Princess. We especiallly loved the International Cafe on the Plaza Deck 5. It was a happenning spot and the coffee bar is there too and they have a great greek salad and a great shrimp salad and it is all free. We did not realize this until three days in on a 123 day cruise in the med this past May and we were sure to go right there and tell our friends when we were on Emerald in Dec. The only issue we had with our Deck Aloha 12 floor mid was it was a little rocky up there. Lots of motion. Made for a good sleep however. It was a lot less turbulent on the fifth floor and our friends who were on fifth had no motion whatoever. Almost so that the higher you go, the more the motion. Also, if you do not like smoke be careful to stay away from cabins on the Lido Deck near any of the doors because there is a high level of smokers who present there and I would hate to always walk into that stink.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:54 AM

We were on the Emerald Princess last spring and I can can honestly say that it gets straight As. I haven't been on another cruise outfit and I'm afraid I'll be disappointed if I do. The size of the ship doesn't seem to interfere with the experience; everything moves along quickly and the only waiting we had was at certain times for elevators and tendering. The facilities at the Sanctuary are exceptional if you want to really lay back for a half day and vegitate. Just get there early to reserve a spot.

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, caribbean, caribe, carneval, cruise, cruises, deck, emerald, floor, lido, ninth, october, princess, reviews, victory, weeks