Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 02:34 PM

Hello all!
I am sailing to Mexico on Sapphire out of LA in May. I have never sailed on Princess before, have been on NCL & RCCL. I am in a mini suite on the Dolphin deck in the aft section. How are the mini suites and is this a good ship & curise line. Yes I know that there could be problems (minor, I hope!) I am just concerened about any major problems...service, cabins & cabin cleaning and to a small degree the meals. Any info would be great.
Thanks!!!
PS... any tips on the Mexican Riviera including visits and excursions.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:48 PM
I have been to the Mexican Riviera many times on Princess and twice on Sapphire Princess, both times in mini-suites. The ship is beautiful; the cabins are very large and comfortable; and the service and food are excellent.

I don't know what your interests are; but we have found Puerto Vallarta to be the most picturesque, best for sightseeing; Mazatlan is the place for shopping and gorging on shrimp and ice cold Pacifico; and Cabo San Lucas best for beaches and water sports.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:16 AM

Thanks for the response! What were your likes and dislikes about the ports of call? Did you do anything that was really great and anything to stay away from?
Old 02-14-2009, 04:10 PM
I mentioned above what I thought were the best activities for each port; but of course you can do any of them in each port. Not knowing your interests, it is difficult to say "do this" and "don't do that."

I've never much enjoyed the "tour" type excursions in Puerto Vallarta. The "visits" to see pottery being made and glass blowing and sandal factories and tequila factories are little more than "buying opportunities", which is fine if you actually want the products; but a stroll down the Malecon will give you access to all the shopping you could possibly want. I think the best thing to do in Puerto Vallarta, other than just walking around on your own, is a day at one of the all-inclusive resorts. But then the only thing they have that you don't have on the ship is sand! Also, and I have never done it, but people rave about the zip line.

In Mazatlan we loved the guided walking tour of Old Mazatlan, with the Cathedral and the marketplace. Then lunch and shopping at the Golden Zone; or lunch and beachcombing on Stone Island.

In Cabo, the beaches and the water sports are your best bet; although some are happy just to visit Cabo Wabo, Sammy Hagar's famous Cantina.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, food, mexico, mini, pincess, powered, princess, problems, puerto, reviews, sapphire, suites, vallarta, vbulletin, withsapphire