Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 07:32 AM

I will be cruising the emerald princess in April. Since this is my first cruise, any information will be helpful. Any information about the ship (staying in cabins A336 and A334), what to wear, teen center, excursions, etc. Thanks so much for all your help.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:48 AM

Hi myboo, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Congratulations on your up-coming cruise! What a wonderful ship you have selected to make it your first voyage. Of course, she'll spoil you for any of your next ones. And, there will be more to follow, because cruising is addictive You're on the Aloha deck, which is a great location. The balconies are supposed to be larger, but I really didn't notice that much of a difference. However, it very convenient to the buffet You will also have less traffic since it is a cabin only deck. Here is a link to some of my pictures, if you care to look. Just click on the Emerald Princess and then click on slideshow or start slideshow, something like that. A little further down on our main page, is a FAQ section, that lists dress codes for most of the cruise lines. No shorts, t-shirts, flip flops allowed in the dining room at night. You have quite a few dining options. You can do traditional seating, Anytime dining, or either of the 2 specialty restaurants. I believe Sabatini's was $25/pp and the Crown was $35/pp, somewhere around there. Be sure to visit the International Cafe on the Plaza deck, they have some pastries and sandwiches that are free, plus they have some items for sale. They have 9 types of gelato daily, 3 scoops for $1.50(or it was $1.50 when we went). Also, a little further down the page are our port chat sections. You can use your "find" feature, type in your ports and it will pull up all the posts about them. Maybe there is something that will be of interest to you. Can't comment on the teen center, we didn't use it. I have heard very good comments, though. I believe they can go into the SkyWalker lounge until 10pm, too. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 09-06-2009, 06:15 PM

Dear Myboo,

I am sure someone with a teen will respond to advise you about the teen centre. However, I can definitely left you know after Xmas as we will be crusing on the Emerald this upcoming Dec 20 and we will have 4 teens with us and two pre teens ( 2 families cruising). So if no one responds before then, I will do so then as you are not going til April. From being on the Crown this past May which is identical essentially to the Emerald, we did note there was a great hot tub at the back of the ship in the teen club and it did not get used because there were no teens on the ship so we used it with our 11 year. Princess always does things up hight quality so yout teens should not be concerned. I have found with our teens (again both families) that kids have to participate in the teen club to have fun. The cruise is what they make it. There is always dancing in the clubs and kareoke and movies, etc...). Our boys and girls have always had a blast and as you can see cannot wait to set sail again in December.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:08 AM

Hi pink845

Thanks so much for your response. My biggest concern is that my girls and their friends have a good time. I will be looking forward to your response in December. Have a great time.

Closed Thread

Tags
club, cruises, emerald, princess, teens