Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2005, 07:42 PM

Hello,

This past November I had the pleasure of sailing on the Caribbean Princes's Western itinerary. The ship not only met but exceeded my expectations. I am preparing to book another cruise with Princess however I'm curious as to how the other ships in the fleet compair to Caribbean Princess. I was very impressed with the ship however it does not sail the itinerary I am looking at. If any one has sailed on the CB. and other Princess ships can you tell me if I will be dissapointed with the other ships in the fleet?

Thanks,
Chad

Caribbean Princess 11/04
Celebrity Horizon 6/98
Norwegian Sea 5/96
Celebrity Horizon 6/95
Costa Carla 1/91
Costa Riveara 4/90
Old 02-02-2005, 07:42 PM

Hello,

This past November I had the pleasure of sailing on the Caribbean Princes's Western itinerary. The ship not only met but exceeded my expectations. I am preparing to book another cruise with Princess however I'm curious as to how the other ships in the fleet compair to Caribbean Princess. I was very impressed with the ship however it does not sail the itinerary I am looking at. If any one has sailed on the CB. and other Princess ships can you tell me if I will be dissapointed with the other ships in the fleet?

Thanks,
Chad

Caribbean Princess 11/04
Celebrity Horizon 6/98
Norwegian Sea 5/96
Celebrity Horizon 6/95
Costa Carla 1/91
Costa Riveara 4/90
Old 02-03-2005, 03:01 AM

Chad,

"Caribbean Princess" is virtually identical to the "Grand Princess" class of ships ("Grand Princess", "Golden Princess", "Star Princess"), with the exception that she has an extra deck of cabins, making her a more high-density ship than the "Grand Princess" class ships.

So, if you liked her, I'm sure you will love the "Grand Princess" ships which offer more space per passenger but have the same number of amenities.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 02-10-2005, 03:10 PM

We sailed on the Golden in March 2003 and then on the Caribbean in July 2004. They are virtually identical ships (including the menus at lunch and dinner, which was disappointing - we were looking for more variety). We liked the layout of the club (past the photo area where they have bingo and horse racing...) better on the Golden because it was layed out better and allowed for more people to see the shows. It was nice to get on the Caribbean and to already know your way around.

Of course, the Caribbean has Movie Under the Stars, but we never got around to it. Both have the night club also, but we were either too tired or too busy to go there (both trips). Also, we think there may have been an extra hot tub on the Caribbean. The Caribbean has an additional specialty steak restaurant. We never got there, since we never know ahead of time which day to pick since we don't want to miss a good night in the dining room.

We are going to try Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas this time, just for something different.
Golden Princess - March 2003
Disney Magic - October 1998
Old 02-15-2005, 12:25 PM
This post is very relevant to my situation.

I am planning on taking a 7-night Eastern Caribbean Cruise in October. I have narrowed my search down to two ships:

Princess' "Caribbean Princess"

vs

Royal Caribbean's "Mariner of the Seas"

I discovered that a E.Caribbean cruise on the C.Princess will cost $100 less than the same cruise on the Mariner.

However, I live in Orlando, which is much closer to Port Canaveral (where the Mariner departs from). I wonder if the $100 difference would be worth the time and expense of travelling an extra 200+ miles to Port Everglades (where the C.Princess departs from)?

I know that the Mariner (along with her sister ships: Adventure of the Seas, Explorer/Seas, Navigator/Seas, and Voyager/Seas) is the second largest cruise ship in the world (behind the QM2). She is also a brand new ship. But so is the C.Princess. And the C.Princess is also a giant ship (not too much smaller than the Mariner).

So, I guess to make a long story short (OOPS! too late). Which would be the better cruise?:

- A 7 day E.Caribbean Cruise on the Mariner of the Seas?

OR

- A 7 day E.Caribbean Cruise on the Caribbean Princess?

Closed Thread

Tags
2004, arosa, caribbean, compared, cruise, december, itineraries, itinerary, july, large, princess, ship, ships, sun