Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/)
-   -   Thomas Cook charter flights (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/6552-thomas-cook-charter-flights.html)

J and S 07-06-2009 10:18 AM

Hi,

Has anybody flown with Thomas Cook to Fort Lauderdale from the u.k and if so what is the flight like regarding screens in back of seats, legroom, comfort etc?

What planes are used from the u.k to Fort Lauderdale, will it be an A330 or a 757?

Thanks

Dave 07-06-2009 10:36 AM

Do you mean a charter? Leaving from where?

J and S 07-06-2009 10:54 AM

Hi,

Yes a charter leaving from Manchester.

Dave 07-06-2009 12:36 PM

Hard to say which equipment they might use in October. Looking at flights Cook is doing today, everything coming to North America is either a 757-200 or a A330-200. I imagine it would depend on how many seats they needed for the charter.

The TCX Boeing 757-200's have seats that are leather with a seat pitch of 35" and a width of 17". I don't think they have seat-back entertainment.

The TCX Airbus A330's have leather seats with a seat pitch of 33" and either 17 or 17.5" wide. The A330's have seat-back entertainment for all seats.

Akitadog 07-06-2009 04:36 PM

I just got back from Birmingham last week aboard a Thomas Cook plane. Leg room was fine. Seats were leather. Tilt was good. Food was absolutely stunningly awful going over but better coming back. Lots of pushing to buy stuff. Relentless. Forty-four lbs. of baggage per person was terrible. Carry on of only 11 lbs. consisted of the weight of the carry-on bag, two belts and a single pair of shoes. Wasn't worth the weight of pulling the carry-on.
Birmingham airport barely glanced at the weight of the luggage but Toronto was vigilant weighing everything to the lb. Awful.

Flew back from Copenhagen 4 weeks ago aboard British Airway and was thrilled. Good food (as far as plane food goes) One hundred pounds of checked luggage per person and a carry-on weighting 22 lbs. Now that's more like it! If we chose to fly cheap we pay the price! I just wanted to get to Birmingham as cheaply as possible due to a missed port stop aboard the Emerald Princess transatlantic Western Europe on May 11/09 due to gale force 8 winds. We were due to meet and tour London by limo with my cousin and friends and couldn't make it. Steamed on to Belgium arriving by 8 that night.

Thomas Cook isn't wonderful but it will get you there and back cheaply and safely. That's what charter flights are all about.

J and S 07-09-2009 11:09 AM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the flight time from Manchester to Fort Lauderdale?

Thanks

J and S 07-09-2009 11:14 AM

Hi,

Does anyone no what Thomas Cook plane will be used for the charter, i think it may be an A330 but then could be a 757.

Im hoping its an A330, has anyone had good/bad experiences with Thomas Cook flights and what planes if so?

Thanks

Dave 07-09-2009 11:18 AM

Nobody here will know about charter times or the airplane type. Cook may not even know yet. All I can say is call them and ask.

J and S 07-09-2009 11:47 AM

Hi Dave,

I never mentioned about times, i no what time we are flying, not sure where you got that from.

Regarding plane they have advised me its an A330 on there systems but is always subject to change, just wondered if anyone had any inside info or had flown similar time and duration and what they flew on.

Thanks

Dave 07-09-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

I never mentioned about times, i no what time we are flying, not sure where you got that from.
I got it from your other note:

---------------------

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the flight time from Manchester to Fort Lauderdale?

Thanks

---------------------

Rereading it, I guess you meant how long is the flight. Figure 9 hours or so. My flight from Atlanta to Gatwick this month is scheduled for 8.5 hours.