Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2004, 12:47 AM

My girlfriend and I are planning to take a Mexican Riviera cruise in January 2005 and are trying to decide between the Diamond Princess and the Carnival Pride. She's 21 and I'm 27 and we really don't do much partying. We'd be booking an interior room.

She's been on a ton of cruises (mostly on Carnvial or RC) and I've been on one 3 day on RC Monarch of the Seas last March.

I've read a lot of reviews and I think I'd like to try the Diamond Princess even though it is about $75 more expensive. She is pretty ambivalent.

Any suggestions from someone who has been on one or the other or both?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 08-12-2004, 12:47 AM

My girlfriend and I are planning to take a Mexican Riviera cruise in January 2005 and are trying to decide between the Diamond Princess and the Carnival Pride. She's 21 and I'm 27 and we really don't do much partying. We'd be booking an interior room.

She's been on a ton of cruises (mostly on Carnvial or RC) and I've been on one 3 day on RC Monarch of the Seas last March.

I've read a lot of reviews and I think I'd like to try the Diamond Princess even though it is about $75 more expensive. She is pretty ambivalent.

Any suggestions from someone who has been on one or the other or both?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 08-12-2004, 06:39 AM

Hmmmm, you are going to get an older crowd on Princess, but the demographics for a Mexican Riviera cruise are younger, so you should be OK. Unless you guys are party animals (which you mentioned you are not) I would give the Diamond Princess a try. You should have a great time.

Tom
Old 08-16-2004, 02:02 PM

Another suggestion for helping you make the decision is the length of time in each port. Some ships spend a good part of the day in Cabo, while others are there for just a few short hours. If there is a difference in schedules on these 2 ships - opt for the one that spends a longer time in Cabo - it can really make a difference.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, diamond, mexican, pride, princess, review, reviews, riviera