Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 09:11 AM

Good day, we just arrive back from a wonderful cruise on the Grand and it was Grand!!!
Just one point of interest, we asked for a table for 2 in the traditional dinning room, however when we went the first night we were at table for 10. We talk to the head person and he advise us that there are never any tables for 2 and this happens every cruise. We advise him that we want a table for 2 and they were very good. They gave us a regular table in the anytime dinning room for the rest of the trip at 6PM. This work out great. Also we notice that almost half of the anytime dinning room was for set time. All the tables around us had the same people every night. I think they should have two of the dining rooms available for traditional dining and one for anytime dining. I understand there is always a wait list for traditional dining. Our next cruise we want to book there is a wait list for this traditional dining.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:14 AM
You bring up a good point; I've noticed more and more people having standing reservations in the Anytime Dinnning Rooms.

On my last cruise on Sapphire Princess they did just what you suggest; they used one of the Anytime Dinning Rooms for First Seating Traditional. After 8;30 it reverted to Anytime.

I'm glad they were able to accommodate your request.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:46 AM

Welcome back Wooddon I'm glad your Grand cruise was Grand We've done anytime for the last few cruises and have enjoyed it. They do allow you to make reservations only to a certain time, then it becomes first come, first serve with the pagers being issued. The Royal Princess didn't offer anytime, just traditional due to lack of dining area. On the Emerald and Caribbean, they did have one dining room specifically for anytime.

Now that you're back to reality, I know you're missing the ship. Did you book another while on board? When is your next adventure?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:23 AM

We had a reserved table for two on the Grand in Jan (anytime dinning) I was under the assumption that TD operated the same way & you could reserve a table for two the same way.
I believe most people prefer anytime dinning so you can eat when you want & not be locked into a 6 PM dining time. The typical waiting time (table for 2) was 30-40 minutes if you wanted to eat at 7 PM and much shorter if you ate at a large table.

Closed Thread

Tags
dining, dinningfor, flordia, list, orlando, princess, traditional, wait