Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 09:04 AM

Hi Penny,

I replied to CruiseCruise the other day via PM. Everything worked our marvelously on the Crown with the beds. Room steward unlocked them and pushed them together. 12 day Greek Isles and Med on Crown Princess was fabulous. Can't wait to choose cruise for next year now. So many ships, we met people who were on the Solstice and they were over the moon - so I am sure you will enjoy it. She is a beauty from the outside - very sleek - she made a beautiful picture in the caldera bay at Santorini Greece. Wish I knew how to post a picture. I did a learn a lot about the Crown spending 12 days on her and I would definitely be careful choosing a balcony cabin on her - beware of this for future cruisers on Crown. A lot of the balcony cabins have NO PRIVACY AT ALL. People from above can see down and vice versa and from the back of the boat on Deck 16 we can basically see right into some of the cabins. For privacy, one would need a Balcony Cabin on Deck 15 in the very middle of the ship. Deck Nine and Deck 10 balconies are the worse for lack of privacy. Take care.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:19 AM

Thank you so much for letting me know. I'm glad to hear that they would push the beds together for you. I know it had to be a marvelous cruise. I didn't know that about the balconies. We have sailed on the Sun, Sea, Dawn, Emerald, Caribbean, and Royal. None of the balconies had that much problem. Some of them, you could see partially from above, but just the balcony area. I couldn't see into any of the cabins.

I'm hoping I don't like Celebrity more than Princess, because they are normally quite a bit more expensive than Princess. I booked the Solstice because it was the first time I had seen a balcony for under $1,000/pp for a 7 day on Celebrity.

I so want to do a Med. cruise, but the air fare is just too much. One day, I'd love to take the QM2 or Queen Victoria across, travel through some parts of Europe, then catch a repositioning cruise coming back. We're talking way more than what I can presently afford, but it is something to try and save for

Did you upload your pictures to a website anywhere? The process on this board is a little unfriendly, although, f-mattox and Gary have it down to a science. Maybe they can help you post a picture or two. I'd love to see them.

Welcome back, and thank you so much for letting me know about the Crown
Old 06-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Thank you for the information, pink845. I've read several times now about passengers who were told before the cruise that If there were three or more people in a cabin that they couldn't make the twins into a queen. Only to have the person come back, like you, and say, "yes they can." Somebody is putting out bad information.

On the balconies, I would just like to say that my wife and I have had the uncovered balconies on Dolphin and Caribe Decks (9 and 10) many times and have never had a problem. Other passengers have always been very respectful of our privacy. That is not to say that somebody will not occasionally look down; but we have never felt uncomfortable about it; maybe we are just exhibitionists at heart--just kidding

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, bed, beds, cabins, configuration, crown, cruise, dimensions, mini, person, pricess, princess, rooms, ship, singe, sleep, suite