Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 01:19 PM

Inside Cabin on Dophin Deck Crown Princess - we are 2 adults and one child - do the two single beds on the inside cabins on this deck come together or are destined to sleep in separate beds for 12 day med cruise.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:24 PM

If you tell them you want it to be configured for a queen, they will do it for you. Their website show a pretty acurate configuration of the cabins. I had an inside on the Riviera that had 2 upper (pulled down from the wall) and 2 lower. Is that the type cabin you reserved?
Old 02-17-2009, 01:36 PM

Hi Penny,

This is what I thought as well. Would like to hear from someone who actually experienced this sleeping situation in either an inside or outside with 3 people in it and the two adults wanted to have the two single beds moved together but still allow the third person to sleep in the bunk above. RCCL does this without a problem. But I am told Crown Princess will not. My only alternative is to spend another 3000 for a mini suite apparently where we can have queen size bed and my son his own bed on the same level. Anyone out there any luck resolving this isuse. THanks.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:17 AM

I was on an inside with a queen configuration. Our balcony rooms have been in queen configuration as well. Who told you the Crown wouldn't do it?
Old 02-19-2009, 07:38 AM

Hi Penny,

Princess told me that if there were only two people in the inside cabin on the Dolphin deck which is where I am, no problem the room stewards have a special key that unlocks the bolting of the two twin beds. The steward them pushes the beds together to form a Queen Bed. However, because my son (11 years) has a bearth bunk above us, they will not unlock the two bottom twins and push them together. I also read this in Berliz Guide to Crusing 2008. So that is why I am curious to hear from someone out there who had two adults and a child in an inside cabin and what their bedding siuation turned out to be. I am booked on the cruise for late May anyhow, so whatever the bedding shall be, it shall be but it would have been nice to have a queen. Thanks for your replies.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:43 AM

Sounds reasonable. I'm sure there are some on the board that have had that configuration. I guess it's better to roll out of bed onto the floor instead of mom and dad? Hope y'all have a fantastic cruise.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:48 PM

Thanks. We are looking forward to it. Never been to Greece.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:36 AM

We haven't been there either. Every time I think about booking, a war breaks out somewhere nearby. One day, I'm going to do it, though. Maybe for 2012, we're going to do the Panama Canal next year. I also would love to do Tahiti and Australia, just waiting to hit the lottery What a fantastic experience for your son. I truly believe that travel is one of the best educational tools available. Best wishes!
Old 06-05-2009, 05:29 PM

How did you make out with the inside cabin bed situation? We are travelling this November on the Crown Princess in an inside cabin with 3 of us (2 adults, 1 child) so am interested in how everything worked out for you. Hope you had a great cruise! Interested in your feedback so we know what to expect. Thanks!
Old 06-08-2009, 06:06 AM

Hi cruisecruise, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I do hope that pink845 will see your post. You can also send a PM to pink. Just click on her name, and click on invite to a Private Topic. It will email her your questions/concerns.

Hope you have a marvelous cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, bed, beds, cabins, configuration, crown, cruise, dimensions, mini, person, pricess, princess, rooms, ship, singe, sleep, suite