Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 03:32 PM
If the ship starts in FL and ends on the other side of Mexico- Alcapulco...does this mean you go THROUGH the canal?
Old 05-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Usually.

Some do go around the tip of South America but then you'd have port stops in Brazil, Chile, etc.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:57 PM
The picture of the itinerary shows it goes through....FT Lauderdale, Jamaica, Panama Canal, Costa Rica Nicaragua, Guatemala....Acapulco...then you fly home from there...only problem is the reviews of the Coral Princess is not great.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:14 AM

I haven't sailed on her, but every Princess ship I've been on has been kept spotless, they're always painting, replacing carpet, etc. I cannot believe they'd let her deteriorate. Last year, the Caribbean Princess was in need of some maintenance, but the ship was still spotless. It was mainly around the pool area that some work needed to be done. They had part of the area roped off doing the maintenance while I was on board, so I know the next sailing everything had probably been fixed or the sailing after.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Do you think a 2002 ship is "old"? I know you always recommend Princess, Penny...so I was wondering your thoughts on this....They seem to be the only cruiseline I can find that does this 10...through the canal but doesn't go to CA. Do you know of any others?
Old 05-18-2009, 01:20 PM

I believe Holland America does. No, I don't think 2002 ship is old, but she may not have been in for a refurb, I don't know what their schedule is. The Sea, Sun, Dawn, and Royal are much older ships, but they're in great shape. At least when we were on them. Without going in for a refurbishment, I know Princess changes out carpet and furnishings, when necessary. One of the cruise directors and one of the future cruise representatives told me that was part of the upkeep of the ships. I wish I had sailed on her so I could tell you first hand. Too many ships, too little money
Old 05-19-2009, 06:48 AM
Thanks Penny...I know what you mean about to many ships and not enough money! Oh well I have my health! Can't complain.

Closed Thread

Tags
acpulco, canal, coral, cruise, december, fly, itineraries, itinerary, leeaving, panama, princess, renovation, review, reviews, ship