Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2005, 08:07 PM

Hi !
My wife and I are planning on booking the grand princess on 4--9-2005 out of Galveston.I am thinking of booking with cruise.com.They show several Oceanviews W/Balcony available.Most have the about the same price $979 to $1079.My wife is a smoker also.Classes available are BA BB BC BD BE BF on decks Lido,Emerald,Dolphin,Ciribe,Aloha,Baja.The $979 room is Emerald BF which looks fine on the deck plan.But surely there must be good reasons for what basically looks like the same room.
My wife has never been on a cruise before and I'm tryng to pick the best room for her.
Thanks in advance for any info you might have !
Old 01-23-2005, 08:07 PM

Hi !
My wife and I are planning on booking the grand princess on 4--9-2005 out of Galveston.I am thinking of booking with cruise.com.They show several Oceanviews W/Balcony available.Most have the about the same price $979 to $1079.My wife is a smoker also.Classes available are BA BB BC BD BE BF on decks Lido,Emerald,Dolphin,Ciribe,Aloha,Baja.The $979 room is Emerald BF which looks fine on the deck plan.But surely there must be good reasons for what basically looks like the same room.
My wife has never been on a cruise before and I'm tryng to pick the best room for her.
Thanks in advance for any info you might have !
Old 01-24-2005, 06:44 PM

We were on the Golden Princess, which is the same as the Grand, just newer. We were on the Caribe deck (check out my review at http://www.cruisereviews.com/Princes...nPrincess2.htm) - room C510. Ask your travel agent for the ones that have the bigger balconies. Ours was one of those. Also, the deck below us (Dolphin) was 100% non-private, where ours was 50/50. i think our room was a BA class, but you can check that out in the brochure.

After reading several postings from vacationers on this site, it seems that the majority would not recommend booking through a website. Find a local travel agent, book your own airfare (not through the cruiseline) and buy 3rd party travel insurance (not through the cruiseline). Tom Ogg has a great write-up on travel insurance at http://www.cruisereviews.com/Insurance.htm

Good luck and ask away if you have any more questions!
Golden Princess - March 2003
Disney Magic - October 1998
Old 01-25-2005, 06:08 AM
Banned

The higher decks will be closer to the pools and buffet. The lower are closer to the dining room. The more expensive cabins will be toward the center of the ship or one deck higher. Also look at what is over or under the room you want.

We have been using a travel agent out of Sedona Az. If you want I will send a E Mail with his name. We have always got good advice and service from him and the prices are the same as the web or better.

I don't know if Nancy, Karen or Tom are Travel Agents so you may want to try them.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:58 AM

bob.
We suggest a balcony or mini suite mid ship. On our last cruise in Aug. on the Carribbean we had a mini suite that was absolutelely wonderful. We were in room d610 and enjoyed the extra seating room and the full sized tub. We are also both smokers. There are plenty of places to smoke on the ship except for restraunts,princess theater and lobby bar.What shore excursions have you and your wife signed up for? kmq

Southern Caribbean on the Golden Princess
Crown PCrown Princess 07-20-2006
Old 01-31-2005, 02:10 PM

We have been in standard balcony staterooms and Mini suites. For our up coming cruise we opted for a standard room on Caribe deck rather than the mini. We feel the money is better spent on the larger balcony rather than the extra seating. My wife will miss the tub however. Room choice is very personal however. A friend of mine always goes with the cheapest interior room he can get figuring he spends so little time there. Whatever you go with, you'll enjoy the trip.

Closed Thread

Tags
ba, bb, bc, bd, check, choose, classes, cruise, cruises, deck, difference, grand, january, princess, reviews, room, time