Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2008, 06:08 PM

I was looking at my itinerary for my cruise with princess and it says 2 twin upper beds can some tell me what upper beds are or what that means please. Thanks, Shana
Old 06-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Administrator

It depends on the cabin category. Some cabins will have 3rd and 4th berths, in addition to the standard beds which are on the deck. It is usual that the berths for extra guests (beyond the 1st and 2nd guests in the cabin) are "upper" beds. This usually means they are pulldown bunk beds. If it is just you and your mother, don't worry about it. They give you this information because your cabin often has 3 or 4 guests in it.

Old 06-07-2008, 06:25 PM

It's in a deluxe verandah suite so it must just be like you said for 3rd or 4th guests. Thank you very much for getting back to me so quick. Shana
Old 06-07-2008, 06:59 PM
shana, I hope you are not getting confused again; "deluxe verandah suite" is a Holland America catagory, not Princess. The catagory on Princess you were considering was a Vista Suite. I just want to make sure you get the right suite on the right ship.

By the way, here is a Pullman upper berth and a sofa bed in a Princess mini-suite:

Old 06-08-2008, 08:29 AM

Yes I got mixed up again I meant the vista suite, lol. Something I love about Holland cruiseline is they have a beach wheelchair available so I could go onto the beach but princess is more active and doesn't get real quiet in the evening and has more activities offered and being we have so many sea days we need activities so I am really leaning towards princess actually this hawaii trip we are going on princess but some time were going to go on Holland cruiseline to the carribean islands so I finally made my mind up no more waivering. Those upper beds look uncomfortable, do you know if they are? Shana
Old 06-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Administrator

They are comfortable, but they won't even be opened up if there are just two of you in the cabin. They fold back into the ceiling or bulkhead when not in use.

Closed Thread

Tags
bed, beds, berth, bunk, cruise, cruises, meat, photos, picture, pull, pullman, ship, stateroom, upper, uppers