Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2006, 07:16 PM

Can anyone tell me if it been rough traveling from New Orleans to the Western Caribean?

Also, some say it is cold on the ship while traveling and cooler on the islands. I never cruised during the winter months, so I'm unsure how to dress. Any HELP?
Nicol
Old 12-08-2006, 06:32 AM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat. Depending on how far south you are going, the highs will be a little lower than in the summer, but maybe by 5 degrees. Your normal highs will be in the mid 80s and your normal lows will be in the upper 70s. Now if there is a front that moves in, it could be a little less. It will be cool to cold leaving out of New Orleans, so bring a jacket (a lined rain coat would be good). Once you're further south, you should have no problems getting a suntan. Have a wonderful cruise!!
Old 12-11-2006, 07:24 PM

when I went in januray the weather was warm in the islands but on the day coming back to florida it was a little chilly..the boat was usualy a good temperature, sometimes the air conditioning seemed a little high but it didnt bother me..i heard some people complaining though. anyways enjoy your cruise
Old 01-12-2007, 08:39 PM

Bring lots of dramamine. We just did w.Caribbean and I don't think the wind ever dropped below 40 knots. Thats about 50 miles per hour for landlubbers and the troughs were about 8 to 12 feet. The ship was rocking and rolling...fortunately I grew up on the sea and it just rocked me to sleep. Unfortunately my companions were not as acclimated to rough seas. I would suggest the Panamanian crossing this time of year. yuck!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
april, carabiean, caribbean, caribean, caribeean, caribian, carnival, carribean, cruise, crusises, december, rough, seas, season, weather, western, westerncaribeanweather